It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dizziness / Vertigo Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2012, 05:19 PM   #1
(female)

tatsu15 HB User
dizziness not vertigo

Hi

Pls help me figure out what's wrong. All my labs came back normal. I am having dizziness. It's now getting to the point where I cook I can't stand I get dizzy. It's not vertigo though where the room is spinning. I heard inner ear infections causes vertigo but not dizziness. So is it possible I have inner ear infection with dizziness and not vertigo? I have eye pain too/ear hurts a little (dull pain on and off) and sometimes my ear drums twitch/pulsate I have TMJ. But I feel fatigue on top of all of this. I was working out everyday and then I started getting dizzy and I don't feel the same Im afraid to drive and have missed work for a week now.

I went to chiro yesterday. He told me my left and right side of neck was out of alignment so he used some metal device to adjust it since I wasn't comfortable with him manipulating/twisting my neck. He said I should start to feel better but I'm still dizzy. Will it take time? Sorry I'm so frustrated and scared at this point.

Last edited by tatsu15; 05-26-2012 at 05:22 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-27-2012, 12:41 PM   #2
(female)

wellyoulookfine HB Userwellyoulookfine HB User
Re: dizziness not vertigo

Hi tatsu15! Might be worth looking at my previous posts about visual vertigo, but just to let you know i think you may be experiencing similar symptoms to me, although i've also never had ear infections, and the ENT never found anything physically wrong with my inner ear although they speculated that i have some sort of "vestibulopathy". My main problematic symptom is what i refer to as "dizziness" but is probably more a spaced-out, floaty, starey, zombi-like feeling. I've since discovered that i have a spinal problem which affects my whole right side and subsequently affects how my inner ear, vision and proprioception try to compensate to help my balance.
Among many symptoms i suffer from a dull to excruciating (temporary) pain in a triangle around my right ear, top of right jaw, right eye socket and the area directly under my right eye socket (often mistaken for sinus pain). I suffer from tmj, crunchy neck and jaw, light sensitivity, fatigue, imbalance (and subsequent achey joints in the hips, knees and ankles), and many more.
They all relate to my structural problem which is caused by a leg length discrepancy which came about whilst i was growing, but they can also be attributed to injury and bad posture. Please familiarise yourself with sternocleidomastoid, visual vertigo, visual processing, and the effects of TMJ disorder on the inner ear. Hope this helps!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-29-2012, 03:52 AM   #3
(female)

lecole HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatsu15 View Post
Hi

Pls help me figure out what's wrong. All my labs came back normal. I am having dizziness. It's now getting to the point where I cook I can't stand I get dizzy. It's not vertigo though where the room is spinning. I heard inner ear infections causes vertigo but not dizziness. So is it possible I have inner ear infection with dizziness and not vertigo? I have eye pain too/ear hurts a little (dull pain on and off) and sometimes my ear drums twitch/pulsate I have TMJ. But I feel fatigue on top of all of this. I was working out everyday and then I started getting dizzy and I don't feel the same Im afraid to drive and have missed work for a week now.

I went to chiro yesterday. He told me my left and right side of neck was out of alignment so he used some metal device to adjust it since I wasn't comfortable with him manipulating/twisting my neck. He said I should start to feel better but I'm still dizzy. Will it take time? Sorry I'm so frustrated and scared at this point.

Yes, it should take time. These things sometimes work immediately but not always, especially if you've been suffering with it for a longer period of time.

Something I would recommend is going to your doctor and asking for perhaps some anti-sickness medication. I am no doctor, however I had a similar thing to yourself. The way I described it to my doctor was "I feel like I am walking on marshmallows," with this he told me I have labyrinthitus. (Have a search on google, there is a website dedicated to this). I was giving anti-sickness meds because he suspected this would remove that feeling and it did. It also removed a little of my dizziness because I think 30% of my dizziness was the anxiety of not knowing what it was. So although the dizziness remained a tiny bit I didn't have sickness or a wavey stomach.

If it helps I was prescribed Prochlorperazine at 3 a day (5mg really small). They're just sickness tablets as far as I am aware but they have worked a treat.

Hope you feel better shortly.

Old 05-29-2012, 05:49 PM   #4
(female)

lfanner HB Userlfanner HB Userlfanner HB Userlfanner HB User

Please google Verticle Heterophoria. I have had all of your symptoms. Your eyes can be the cause of this. Please look into it.

Old 06-03-2012, 02:14 AM   #5
(female)

tatsu15 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfanner View Post
Please google Verticle Heterophoria. I have had all of your symptoms. Your eyes can be the cause of this. Please look into it.
Ok I will research this. Thanks!

Closed Thread