It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dizziness / Vertigo Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2012, 05:54 PM   #1
(male)

cattledog HB User
confused in Canada

Hi All, First post. I would appreciate some advice from those of you who have experienced vertigo, dizziness, aural fullness, tintinitus. History... 6 months ago rolled over in bed=experience vertigo/bed spins, lasted less than a minute, nausea for several hours after. Nothing for 3 months then... awoke with vertigo which lasted for 6-7 hours, followed by 3 days of nausea which decreased in intensity and disappeared. Family dr. diagnosed Bppv, I tried the Eply at home, think I experienced Nystigmus, not sure, vertigo has not recurred intensely since. But I have long periods of nausea and light headedness. For the last three months I have experienced daily nauseau and light-headedness, balance pretty good, but aural fullness and tintinitus. Dr. sent me for hearing test (Meniere's?), test was fine, hearing normal. Could I have BPPV and have aural fullness, the dizzies, nausea at the same time? I have been referred for MRI and ENT but this is Canada, land of ice and long waits. Before teaching I worked in forestry with exposure to vibration and noise of chainsaws, I have had periodic tingling in fingers and feet for several years. Worried about MS. I am frustrated by the lack of information. Have a young family, feeling very worried. Advice appreciated. -cattledog

Old 05-29-2012, 04:52 PM   #2
(female)

lfanner HB Userlfanner HB Userlfanner HB Userlfanner HB User
Re: confused in Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by cattledog View Post
Hi All, First post. I would appreciate some advice from those of you who have experienced vertigo, dizziness, aural fullness, tintinitus. History... 6 months ago rolled over in bed=experience vertigo/bed spins, lasted less than a minute, nausea for several hours after. Nothing for 3 months then... awoke with vertigo which lasted for 6-7 hours, followed by 3 days of nausea which decreased in intensity and disappeared. Family dr. diagnosed Bppv, I tried the Eply at home, think I experienced Nystigmus, not sure, vertigo has not recurred intensely since. But I have long periods of nausea and light headedness. For the last three months I have experienced daily nauseau and light-headedness, balance pretty good, but aural fullness and tintinitus. Dr. sent me for hearing test (Meniere's?), test was fine, hearing normal. Could I have BPPV and have aural fullness, the dizzies, nausea at the same time? I have been referred for MRI and ENT but this is Canada, land of ice and long waits. Before teaching I worked in forestry with exposure to vibration and noise of chainsaws, I have had periodic tingling in fingers and feet for several years. Worried about MS. I am frustrated by the lack of information. Have a young family, feeling very worried. Advice appreciated. -cattledog

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-29-2012, 04:57 PM   #3
(female)

lfanner HB Userlfanner HB Userlfanner HB Userlfanner HB User

Please look into a chiropractor who specializes in upper cervical adjustments only. They deal with just your atlas. It will help

Old 05-31-2012, 05:43 AM   #4
(male)

cattledog HB User

Thanks for your advice. -cattledog

Closed Thread