It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dizziness / Vertigo Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2012, 04:36 AM   #1
(female)

carlyh2012 HB User
neck related dizziness

For the past 4 months I have had constant dizziness (not spinning), hazy muggy head feeling. I haven't been anywhere for 4 months. I paid private to see an ENT he said he thinks its to do with neck tension and poor posture. 2 days prior before all this started I woke up one morning and couldn't move my neck I was in pain which only lasted a day. Iv seen a chiropractor who done a neck adjustment which didn't help and been to physio which hasn't helped. Has anyone else suffered with this and found a cure as it's really getting me down as I am constantly just stuck in my house, shops etc make dizzy spaced out feeling worse

Old 07-04-2012, 06:21 AM   #2
(male)

Rich775 HB UserRich775 HB UserRich775 HB UserRich775 HB UserRich775 HB User
Re: neck related dizziness

Are you one any meds?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-04-2012, 06:28 AM   #3
(female)

carlyh2012 HB User

I am taking propanalol which isn't doing anything for me

Old 07-04-2012, 06:47 AM   #4
(male)

I believe some of your symptoms can be side-effects of that med. Can you tie your symptoms to the use of it, and/or have you asked the doc who prescribed it about the symptoms?

Old 07-04-2012, 06:50 AM   #5
(female)

carlyh2012 HB User

I have only been on propanalol for a month and I have had these symptoms for 4 months the only time I get any relief is when I'm lying down in bed

Old 07-04-2012, 07:06 AM   #6
(male)

Propanalol is a heart med. Even though it may not be contributing to your dizziness, heart issues can definitely cause these problems. Did you mention these symptoms to your doc? Was that why they prescribed the propanalol? Was it a regular doc that prescribed this med or a cardiologist?

Old 07-04-2012, 07:10 AM   #7
(female)

carlyh2012 HB User

Just a regular doc, I started getting anxious because of the whole dizzy thing so that's why they put me on propanalol. I really think these problems are coming from my neck, it's just finding a way to treat them. I have been given neck excersises to do so im going to start them today and hopefully see an improvement in a couple of weeks

Old 07-04-2012, 04:46 PM   #8
(female)

Speced tchr HB User

You can have a combination of cervical vertigo from a stiff neck which is sending the wrong message to your brain re: position in space.....this can lead to holding your neck and shoulders even tighter to right yourself....and this in turn leads to stress and anxiety which can lead to Panic Syndrome and you become housebound.
You must try to learn relaxation techniques and fight this. My mother was housebound for most of my childhood.
I have cervical vertigo from a head-on with a drunk driver and work on fighting the neck stiffness. It is a constant battle....good luck !

Old 07-04-2012, 04:57 PM   #9
(female)

lfanner HB Userlfanner HB Userlfanner HB Userlfanner HB User

Please research the condition called "verticle heterophoria."

The Following User Says Thank You to lfanner For This Useful Post:
Speced tchr (07-04-2012)
Old 07-05-2012, 03:16 AM   #10
(female)

carlyh2012 HB User

Do you have same symptoms as me, a
nd is there a way to treat cervical vertigo

Old 07-05-2012, 08:19 AM   #11
(female)

Speced tchr HB User

Really, it boils down to learning ways to reduce stress......learning ways to sit correctly in front of a computer ( my work involves tons of computer time), and a good exercise program that doesn't over-do your neck muscles. The sense of balance comes from your inner ear and also your neck. It is a terrible feeling to be off-balance.
I use a moist heat pack a lot......ice doesn't do it for me. Be sure to sleep on a good cervical pillow.....be careful of long movies....rest your head back lots !
It is a struggle.....but good ideas on websites for relaxing the neck muscles. Also, try a good massage !
Good luck

Old 08-04-2012, 09:13 AM   #12
(female)

registershode HB User

I kinda have a similar problem with my neck and of course my head since 10 years ago. Sometimes I feel tiredness and dizziness in my neck and I cant balance my head as a result, so it starts moving forward and backward rapidly. It is quite troublesome but I have managed to control it in public. I haven’t been diagnosed with any disease and so it’s just a constant struggle with my neck and my head. I really wished there was something wrong with me so that I could be cured for it! Anyway you have pain but I don’t so it probably isn’t exactly the same problem!

Last edited by registershode; 08-04-2012 at 09:14 AM.

Old 08-04-2012, 09:47 AM   #13
(female)

Speced tchr HB User

Thanks for reply. Dr's have explained to me that the neck provides balance info to the brain just as the inner ear does. My problems seems to be the neck as I've been in two bad car accidents, the worst was a head-on with a drunk driver ! I've got terrible neck pain and disc degeneration plus arthritis in my neck. Major pain in the neck...ha ha.
I work at a computer too, which doesn't help !
Try learning balance exercises. They also help !

Old 08-04-2012, 10:10 AM   #14
(female)

registershode HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speced tchr View Post
Thanks for reply. Dr's have explained to me that the neck provides balance info to the brain just as the inner ear does. My problems seems to be the neck as I've been in two bad car accidents, the worst was a head-on with a drunk driver ! I've got terrible neck pain and disc degeneration plus arthritis in my neck. Major pain in the neck...ha ha.
I work at a computer too, which doesn't help !
Try learning balance exercises. They also help !
well, thank you for your reply. It's good that you know the cause of your problem, I really don't know about mine!
The balance exercises seems to be a good idea, I'll try to learn them. thanks a lot for your advise. hope you'll get better soon.

The Following User Says Thank You to registershode For This Useful Post:
Speced tchr (08-04-2012)
Closed Thread