It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dizziness / Vertigo Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2012, 10:02 AM   #1
(female)

ironqueen HB User
Root canal, head moves inside with dizzy at end

I had a root canal in June and a week later started having one second little feelings that my brain was moving inside my head, or that I was quickly moving my head with a slight dizziness at the end fo the second. I went back to the dentist who put me on azithromycin. (I had already taken a round of clindamycin and started another round of it, but then stopped after 5 days) The frequency of the dizzy spells were only once in awhile. Now they are 24/7. I have been to an ENT, a neurologist, had a CT scan...and there were no problems with the inner ear, the sinus, or the brain.
I spoke with a friend of mine that told me I was the 3rd person she had heard this from who had recently had a root canal. She said it's the filling they put in the root canal that is causing us to have these symptoms. She advised me to have the teeth pulled. It traps bacteria in the root when you put that material in the root. I've had quite a few root canals in the past with no side effects. They are using new materials now to fill the root. I cannot live like this. I originally told the dentist that I thought it may be an anaerobic infection. He said the azithromycin was a good antibiotic for those.
If you've had these same symptoms and have cured this, please let me know asap. I'm leaving for Sweden in 12 days and I want to be well for my vacation. Thanks!

Old 07-30-2012, 03:12 PM   #2
(female)

emp882 HB User
Re: Root canal, head moves inside with dizzy at end

this sounds like the sensation ive had for MONTHS AND MONTHS all clean test except caloric testing. i NEED a root canal had temporary filling thats eroding but thinking it may be tooth related..should i get it pulled? does it feel like pooling whirling rush in your head for one second? it happens to me all the time!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-30-2012, 03:55 PM   #3
(female)

ironqueen HB User

It is not a pooling feeling but definitely whirling. But not vertigo. With vertigo the room spins. Sometimes eye movements trigger it, sometimes noises trigger it.
I've been to my last resort...allergist! He said it may be allergies. But testing for it is $600 which the insurance doesn't pay for. I still think it has to do with the teeth. I don't know...I'm tired of paying these guys to tell me that they don't know what it is. The neurologist said "it's just something you'll have to live with" or "chances are it'll go away on it's own. I'm leaving the country for 2 weeks and I'll be gone another week away from home. Let's see if it goes away. If not...I guess I'm gonna have to get used to this. (or have my tooth pulled, which I really don't want to do). thanks for the comment emp882!

Old 07-30-2012, 04:11 PM   #4
(female)

emp882 HB User

i know what you mean about not being straight vertigo. i know what vertigo is like and this sensation isnt it. its 1 second long jarring uncomfortable dizzy like ...eye movements and head tuns trigger it for me too.

Old 07-30-2012, 10:35 PM   #5
(female)

ironqueen HB User

Hmmm that's weird! I'm trying a poultice with activated charcoal put on my gum where I had the 2 root canals. Someone else told me to try it. I'll try anything to get rid of this. I'll let you know if it works. I'm thinking it won't be the cure. I'm going to Sweden for 2 weeks. Will check my emails while I'm there. Good luck to you!
I've also tried azithromycin pack. (that is for anaerobic infections) Didn't phase it.

Val

Closed Thread