It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dizziness / Vertigo Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2012, 09:34 AM   #1
(female)

kipper54 HB User
Unhappy Chronic vertigo

This all started in 1999 with a viral ear infection which left me totally deaf in left ear. I would get vertigo and have to go home as I am a truck driver. I managed to work 5 mo that year. Over the years it got better only happening couple times a year and caused by pressure change, sinases or ear infections. Well last year in October I went to see about a bone anchored hearing aid which I now have and works great. It is behind my ear in my skull. About two months after implant I get vertigo which started March 30 and was off work 3 mo. Did the steroid pack, steroid shot, and antibotic shot. No help. Did a test on me and I had lost 35% balance in left ear. On May 31 they did surgery taking my inner ear out. Went back to work July 2 worked two weeks off again for vertigo for a week. Did another steroid pack. went back to worked about 3 weeks and back off. Dr. has pulled my licence so now I cant drive. My insurance has been canceled. I am constantly dizzy, run into walls, fell down steps yesterday. I live with my parents to help them but now they have to help me. I am so sick of this and so stressed out I could scream. I also get up everyday with a headache. If any ideas please let me know. I don't know how much more I can take.

Last edited by kipper54; 08-27-2012 at 09:36 AM.

The following user gives a hug of support to kipper54:
Seekingpeace12 (08-29-2012)
Reply Reply