It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dizziness / Vertigo Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2012, 03:48 AM   #1
(female)

mudmonkey HB User
What is wrong with me?

I wasn't sure where to post this but I'm hoping someone here can help.

For the past 10 years I have experienced episodes of fatigue that have improved after rest. However, this year I suffered a severe episode around Feb that was accompanied with really bad dizziness. The doctor suggested I had labyrinthitis with post viral fatigue syndrome and also put me on antidepressants.

I guess I should also mention I am or was a nationally competitive mountain biker! I used to train up to 12hrs a week(normal in my sport- not overtraining). I took a month off the bike and started doing some easy classes at the gym. Things improved for a little while. However, about a month ago it all came back terribly.

Now I am extremely fatigued, dizzy nearly everytime I stand, I can't tolerate getting too hot or cold. I am nauesous and have really bad stomach issues (possibly IBS). I can now barely stand long enough to do dishes or teach a class. I get so dizzy and everything goes black. I don't think I actually faint, sort of a semi- controlled fall but it's really scary. I never get enough sleep to feel refreshed. My muscles are so week now. I can barely ride my bike.

Everytime I see a doctor they are convinced I am depressed and that is causing all my symptoms. They put me on Anti-depressants and sedatives. I have suffered from depression on and off for many years and I know that this is something else but no-one will listen to me.

I have been tested for many of the obvious things like iron, TSH, glandular fever etc but the only thing that ever shows up is a very slightly raised WBC count.

Does anyone have any ideas? I'm absolutely distraught. As a very active sportswomen, sitting around all day feeling terrible is miserable. I'm having to put my studies on hold.

I saw a naturopath who thinks adrenal fatigue but because it's not a recognized diagnosis the only meds I can get are natural and very slow acting.

Please help!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
dizziness, fatigue, nausea, weakness