It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dizziness / Vertigo Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2012, 05:45 AM   #1
(female)

T Davidson HB User
Vertigo And Autoimmune

Hi everyone, new to this forum. I have been having vertigo and lack of balance issues for a year now. I have yet to be diagnosed but because I seem to have having other health issues (skin infections, blood pressure and thyroid) along with it--I am wondering about autoimmune concerns where vertigo presents itself. (There is a history of Hodgkin's disease in my family and I am particularly wondering about diseases of the lymphatic system and vertigo.)

I would be grateful to hear from anyone with experiences to share.

Thanks

Old 10-22-2012, 08:57 AM   #2
(female)

ffluffy gramma HB User
Re: Vertigo And Autoimmune

I too have balance and dizziness problems. I am dizzy 24/7 and have learned to get around quite well with the aid of a cane and on bad days with a walker. I have Rhuematoid Arthritis and Lupus, along with blood clots in both lungs and total deafness. My balance and dizziness were diagnosed as RA induced. Is your vertigo constant or in spurts? I have yet to find anyone that has constant vertigo and I'm sure that I'm not the only one out there that has this problem. Have you done any vestibular therapy? Take care and hope to hear that things are better for you.
Fluffy Gramma

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-22-2012, 10:42 AM   #3
(female)

T Davidson HB User
Re: Vertigo And Autoimmune

Fluffy, thank you for your reply--and I am sorry to learn that it is so very tough for you--I too hope that you find relief out there somehow. As for me, I don't have constant vertigo and the cause has yet to be determined after a year. I find that I have more frequent episodes of my ears feeling full, a little off-balanced which is accompanied by brain fog. A prolonged episode of this experience leads to a vertigo attack. Vigorous movement does as well. But I find that taking a heavy dose of vitamins seems to help alleviate it. But there are other problems that have cropped up alongside it, thyroid, blood pressure and skin problems; fungus infections and rosacea. All of these things have come about the same time, (but the rosacea has been around longest) and the doctors are ignoring that part so I am starting to try and understand it myself.

Reply Reply