It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dizziness / Vertigo Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2012, 07:35 AM   #1
(female)

scrubswi HB User
Question Am I alone in this???

Well just when you think you are finally making progress and getting you life back. Bam it hits again. I have been suffering with dizzines 24/7 for 6 years now. I was diagnosed with VN and for the last couple of years I would be almost human. i had my bad days but they were just a few days a month. However about a month ago it hit me again and now everyday its here. Mostly at night which I have no idea why? Is anyone else in this situation or am I the lone ranger? I am sooo tired of taking meziline and try to limit it to 1 tablet a day. Is this normal or could it be something else? I am sooo tried of this dizzy train..Thanks for letting me vent...

Old 10-31-2012, 08:00 AM   #2
(male)

Bercy HB User
Re: Am I alone in this???

You are not alone. For me it has only been 3 years. I just finished a particularly bad episode that lasted 45 days and had me hospitalized for 1 week. The past 2 days I have almost been normal, and feel human again. I am dreading the next episode. Each one seems to be worse that the last. And as time goes on, they come with greater frequency.

I really wish I knew what triggers these episodes. Doctors think I am a nut case and roll their eyes up at me because nothing comes back positive on the tests. I tell them to close their eyes, spin around as fast as they can (like they did when they were kids), then stop and open their eyes and tell me how they feel. That is how I feel like most of the time.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-31-2012, 08:06 AM   #3
(female)

scrubswi HB User

That is exactly how I feel. Like I just got off a merry go round. It seems to get worse at night maybe because I am on the computer at work all day. Im just so darn tired of this.

Old 11-01-2012, 11:08 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

bbroke HB Userbbroke HB User

Human brain is a mystery, so many factors involved in its perfect performance. A high school person may have perfect performance (if not extra Obese or malnutrition). As person grows disturbed lipid profile may pile up plaque in vascular system causing less oxygen and blood supply to brain. Sedentary life style will also effect blood supply to brain. Malnutrition, deficiencies in b12,vit d3. Disturb functioning of glands with ageing, sugar,thyroid problems, High pressured mental work and failure of vascular system to rush enough energy and o2 to your brain. Then it may be due to side effect of any medicine. If you are aged it may be your weak valves in veins not sending enough blood to brain. Consult doctors if they can not find problem such as brain tumor(god forbid) or thyroid or sugar problem, vitamin b12, d3 deficiency than understand you need holistic approach.adjustments,cut down stress on brain,less cell phones less use of computers. Relax,pamper your self buy a massage mattress and sleep half an hour on it.remember your brain is dependent on so many systems in your body that a single click may not give solution. NO SMOKING(it can damage nerves and brain cause MS) NO ALCOHOL (mind your triglycerides). Make dizziness your friend and keep planning how to get rid of this bad friend.
(Source: one of my loved one suffers from this nuisance)

Reply Reply