It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dizziness / Vertigo Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2012, 12:26 PM   #1
(female)

anonamous360 HB User
Unhappy Dizziness? Please Help

Hi,
I am an 18yr old girl and I have been having these random dizziness spells during the day. They would appear to linger for about 30 minutes to an hour at a time then reoccur sometime later in the evening. This dizziness does not make me sick or have nausea, I usually ignore it and drink water but then again, they mainly happen in the morning when im at school. Im having one now. It makes it hard to focus on my work sometimes. Do i have Menieres Disease? I am really concerned, Please Help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-03-2012, 10:44 AM   #2
(female)

margie t HB User
Re: Dizziness? Please Help

Hi, You may have something called fibromyalgia I know you are only 18 but even children get it. People with fibromyalgia have all over body pain and I have it and at times I experience dizziness 2 time I could not get out of the bed the room was spinning and I had nausea, you should go to your physician and get a check up to see what is going on.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-04-2012, 12:16 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Uff-Da! HB UserUff-Da! HB User

There are a lot of things that can cause dizziness. One possibility is low blood pressure. Do you have someone around who has a home blood pressure monitor and can check your pressure when you are having such an episode? I used to have dizzy spells a lot and even occasionally faint when I was a skinny teenager. I never knew it at the time, but after I reached middle-age and had a blood pressure monitor at home and checked regularly, I could see how for me dizziness corresponded with incidents of low blood pressure, even though I normally had high blood pressure.

Blood pressure can vary from minute to minute. For me, even walking across the room or reading a news article about some grisly murder, being too hungry or being startled by something can raise my BP by 20 points or more. Being sick or even being constipated can sometimes drop the BP enough to get so low as to feel dizzy. So you really have to check your BP when you are actually dizzy to tell if that might be the cause. Again, this is just one of many causes, but it is one you might be able to check at home if your family has a monitor. I'd check with a doctor if it persists.

Old 11-05-2012, 09:06 AM   #4
(female)

MNgirl77 HB User

I have to ask, is you dizziness the feeling of being lightheaded or the feeling that the room is spinning(vertigo). If it is vertigo it could be something as simple as BPPV. The spinning is the worst. I have Menieres Disease and BPPV. I had to see an ent to get it diagnosed. They gave me valium for it. It helps quite a bit. I have to avoid foods high in sodium. I also try to drink a lot of cranberry juice because it is a natural diuretic.

Reply Reply