It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dizziness / Vertigo Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2012, 05:14 PM   #1
(female)

redjb7 HB User
shouldn't be complicated, but seems to be

Please give sugggestions if you have any ideas!!!I have had worsening dizziness over the past few months. In June I went in for a regular heart check and was told I had a bruit in my carotid so they ordered some tests. Before that however, I had been dizzy on and off for weeks - sometimes lasting a whole evening. The dizziness was not fall down dizzy, but more like being on some kind of drug (unreality to vision) and sometimes pressure in the face. I went to a neurologist who ordered MRIS and CTS of the brain and neck, and a balance test. The next day after he received the results he sent me to the hospital saying I had a bad obstruction in the carotid. Two days later I had the operation. I felt better for a while on the dizziness, but it started to creep up again. I was also getting heart palpitations, and feeling like my heart was beating in my whole body. The operation was end of August and lately I have the dizziness MOST of the day with little periods of semi respite. The other thing that has been added to the mix is a loud ringing in my right ear especially and real anxiety during the worse periods. The neuro says that even though I have mild to moderate patches in the brain, I do not have ms. Another neuro agrees on that. The first neuro sent me to a heart doctor who specializes in the electrical working of the heart. I had some problem after the operation with high blood pressure (for the first time), chest pain and palpitations. Most of that is gone (high blood pressure came back a little after the implanted device). He just implanted a device that will follow how my heart beats to see if I have some electrical problem. He also gave me a tilt table test which I passed with no problem.
I also saw a doc for thyroid, etc and he did tests and said even though I have some thyroid nodules the tests on that look fine. My vitamin d is very low (10) and he prescribed vitamin d in large doses. This problem is getting extremely concerning. I have to start teaching again in January and I was going to see my grandchild, but right now I have trouble planning anything, because most of the time I feel horrible. One of my friends who is a nurse suggested the possibility of damage to a nerve during the operation, which scared me to think that this could be a permanent condition. I have made an appointment with a otoneurologist at the end of the month. I am hoping he can help figure out what is going on. I would appreciate any advice on what direction to go.
BTW, if this makes any sense, when my dizziness is bad, I feel best, sitting on my recumbent bike and biking for an hour or so. It seems to settle my nerves.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply