It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dizziness / Vertigo Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2012, 03:02 PM   #1
(female)

Angelzfire3 HB User
Vertigo from Empacted ear...

Hello,

About a year ago i noticed my ear was clogging up, but at the time i was going through a very dramatic and painful divorce. After a few months because of severe headaches i went to my doctor to have it removed(my ear canal is shaped odd like my grandfathers so its a semi regular occurance). Well the empaction didn't go anywhere..they put softner in my ear and sent me on my way saying it would work its way out. Well after the attempt of blasting water in my ear 100 times, i was done for the day. My ear stopped clogging my hearing so i went on about my busy life as a single mother.

The headaches continued however, on the side that was empacted, i started seemingly out of no where experinacing vertigo, dizziness and the feeling of being out of it alll the time. Which started a mess of panic attacks. I was working 45mins from home. So my friends and family thought it was just stress and anxiety. So i let it go. Once i got a job here a couple months later the burning on the side of my face, head, nerve pain, and feeling out of it all the time i went to the E.R. The empaction was found and removed..I instantly felt better and was given antibiotics. I had a severe infection, which had effected my tonsils, blisters on those and alot of nerve pain behind my ear.

A couple weeks later i pulled my neck so bad they said it'd pulled my spine to the side. Went to the doctor and found out the ear infection had came back, now in both ears. I was in a living hell, all the pain, dizziness and worry was getting to me. Also i should mention im a hairstylist, so staring down at clients to cut their hair, moving alot around them in a small space is very hard for me with this vertigo. The doctor said its normal to feel this until its competely healed.

Now that all that pain is disappearing im still dealing with vertigo. I seem to be "OK" sitting down and not reading or focusing on anything to close. but if i get up and walk around it starts all over again. I went to my doctor a couple days ago, she gave me a sheet with some excersizes and sent me on my way saying that (after a month) that it looks like its half way healed?!?!

I can't believe it'd gotten that bad, and is lasting this long?

I have prednisone and antibiotics left. I was half tempted to take these to kick it in the butt, but the doctor said its healing so no need. I'm just so sick of feeling this way. My eyes feel like they have alot of pressure on them, the ear ringing is driving me nuts, etc....

Any advice out there???

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-08-2012, 08:39 AM   #2
(female)

heda HB User
Re: Vertigo from Empacted ear...

Find a therapist that does the Epley Manuever. I had pretty bad boughts of Vertigo and my doctor sent me to this therapist and it worked! I did it twice and my vertigo has not returned in over a year.

Reply Reply

Tags
dizziness, ear, infections, panic attack, vertigo