It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dizziness / Vertigo Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-23-2012, 08:58 PM   #1
(male)

acagedanimal HB User
Question Random Dizziness?

For as long as I can remember, I've gotten random dizzy spells lasting from twenty seconds to two minutes. My breathing stops or becomes very slow and shallow, I get really lightheaded, and occasionally I'll lose consciousness for a few seconds (usually no more than ten from what I can estimate).

It's not from standing up too quickly or anything like that--as I said, it's random. It can happen while I'm walking, while I'm laying down, while I'm on my laptop, at the table eating, in the shower- anywhere, anytime.

I've done some research online, but my symptoms don't match anything I've read, and I want to avoid going to the doctor unless I have to. Does anyone know what could be causing this?

Last edited by Administrator; 12-24-2012 at 02:41 PM.

Old 12-26-2012, 05:51 PM   #2
(male)

Seekingpeace12 HB UserSeekingpeace12 HB UserSeekingpeace12 HB UserSeekingpeace12 HB User
Re: Random Dizziness?

Are you taking any medicines or natural supplements? Some medicines have dizziness as a side effect. If you are not taking medicines, you may want to visit an ENT doctor. It can be as simple as your ear crystals being out of alignment or it may be that your oxygen level gets low, especially since you mention that your breathing gets shallow. Something like LPR, reflux, working in a dusty environment or even an anxiety attack can affect breathing. I suggest that you keep a log of when it happens and you bring it to your next doctor's visit. Do you feel dizzy when you drive as well? that can be dangerous since you mention that you pass out.

Last edited by Seekingpeace12; 12-26-2012 at 05:55 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-26-2012, 06:17 PM   #3
(male)

js693 HB User
Re: Random Dizziness?

Hi caged, I work in health care and believe me, you need to see someone...your problem could be cardiac related..Arrythmias (unusual or missed heartbeats) are a common event that can render dizziness, lightheadedness, or passing out from lack of perfusion to your brain...a simple exam with a twelve lead EKG would give you some peace of mind...

Reply Reply

Tags
dizziness, dizzy spells, lightheadedness