It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dizziness / Vertigo Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2013, 09:55 AM   #1
(male)

headspin1 HB User
Vertigo, tinnitus, fatigue

This is the second time I have posted, but the first time it was deleted. Not sure if I broke a rule of some sort, but I will try again and see what happens.

For the last five years I have experienced lots of problems with my head. It all started very suddenly, over a period of about two weeks with daily headaches and feelings of light-headedness. This was followed by episodes of feeling really out of it as though I was going to pass out (although I never actually did so). At the time a CT scan was normal, and I just got vague non-explanations, until two years later I requested a second opinion, and an MRI scan showed diffuse white matter lesions. The radiologist stated this was consistent with small vessel disease, but the referring doctor I saw at the time said he was not particularly worried about it. This always struck me as odd, as I was 42 (meaning it came on when I was 40), fit and healthy, with no obvious risk factors (e.g. smoking, alcohol, high blood pressure, diabetes). I was put on a statin to lower cholesterol, although I had always previously been told my cholesterol was not high enough to warrant this. I then saw a neurologist, who ordered several more MRI's, before discharging me.

Three years later, I am suffering greatly from daily vertigo, immense fatigue, tinnitus, and pretty poor memory and concentration. I also get periods of headache and stiff neck, which was pretty bad last week, but comes a goes. The vertigo is the thing I notice the most, which gets really bad at time and often makes me feel nauseous. Typically, when I wake up I feel it the worst, then it seems to lessen in the afternoon to be replaced by extreme fatigue.

Has anyone got any suggestions for what to do about this? I have tried contacting my original neurologist, who does not want to see me again. I wonder whether I should try and see another one , or whether it is just the case that there will probably be no treatment available anyway as that is usually the case with neurological conditions.

Last edited by headspin1; 01-06-2013 at 09:57 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-08-2013, 07:06 PM   #2
(male)

Seekingpeace12 HB UserSeekingpeace12 HB UserSeekingpeace12 HB UserSeekingpeace12 HB User
Re: Vertigo, tinnitus, fatigue

Your recent symptoms are almost identical to mine. The neck pain, temporal lobe headaches, the dizziness, vertigo, extreme fatigue, especially in the afternoon. Have you had a doctor do x-rays or an MRI of your neck? I suspect that my headaches are from the neck pain because the ease up a bit when ever I run Ben-Gay to the neck. I will monitor this thread to see if someone has suggestions to what it can be.

Old 01-09-2013, 01:17 AM   #3
(male)

headspin1 HB User
Re: Vertigo, tinnitus, fatigue

Thanks for your reply.

That is an interesting suggestion, which I do not think anyone has considered. I think the problem is that once investigations find something amiss, the doctors immediately declare that to be the cause of whatever problems exist and cease to investigate further. In my case, white matter lesions on the scan and reclassifying my cholesterol as high seemed to constitute "job done" from their perspective: unfortunately neither of these discoveries have proved helpful in the least.

Reply Reply