It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dizziness / Vertigo Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2013, 09:37 PM   #1
(male)

tmorales509 HB User
Been getting dizzy spells lately.

Well first off i am a 26 year old male, i do have high blood pressure and have been taking medication since i was maybe 20-21. I am also very overweight, i would say at least by 50lbs. I check my BP quite often and it is always around 140/90, for example i took it just now and it is 135/92. Anyways i have always felt a little dizzy since i was in my early 20s but not enough to stop me from doing daily activities, never fainted or anything like that. Well for the past month i been getting these really bad spells where i really feel like i am just going to pass out and die! Its happened 3 times in the last month and it is random.

The first time it happened i was sleeping, woke up and was already feeling really lightheaded, i got up to to walk and and i just literally felt like everything was spinning(as in when you were a kid and you used to spin around in circles then stop, it still looks like everything is moving.) that was accompanied by like what im guessing is the chills and also my heart felt like it was pounding threw my chest and really fast. I sat down and after 10 minutes or so it went away.

Today it happened again, basically same symptoms minus the heart beating really fast(honestly i think that just happened because i got scared), feel as if everything is spinning. This time i was just sitting watching tv. Couple things i noticed is when i went to lie down on my bed, if i lay down on my back, it gets twice as bad, on my sides is ok but on my back is bad, also if i sit down and put my head down like between my legs it gets worse.

Another thing i have noticed in the past few days or so is i been getting like a tightness feeling around my chest as if someone is standing on it. It happens a couple times a day and last maybe 10 mins and i notice it most after i eat. I dunno if that has something to do with the dizziness or is something different. I have a doc appt on friday but i just wanted to get some opinions first, maybe something i can reccommend to my doc.

Last edited by tmorales509; 01-16-2013 at 09:39 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-01-2013, 08:21 PM   #2
(male)

Seekingpeace12 HB UserSeekingpeace12 HB UserSeekingpeace12 HB UserSeekingpeace12 HB User
Re: Been getting dizzy spells lately.

Hello TMorales, how did the doctor appointment go? I hope that the doctor was able to help you.

Old 02-04-2013, 05:36 PM   #3
(male)

brenen bergen HB User

That sounds like vertigo try getting checked for bppv bppv can cause a spinning sensation when changing positions

Old 02-04-2013, 09:10 PM   #4
(male)

tmorales509 HB User

Hello, vertigo sounds like a possibility, from research that seemed to be one of the more common things that popped up. I told the doctor about it, they checked my ears and they said that my eardrums looked swollen and that i most likely had fluid in my inner ear and that could cause the dizziness, they didnt prescribe anything just told me to take otc decongestants..The spells havent havent since i posted this although i still feel a little dizzy sometimes but not half as bad as these couple times.

As far as the chest thing, they did a ekg and came up normal so it is most likely some kind of acid reflux since it does happen after i eat and if i take like gasX it seems to help almost instantly.

Thanks for the responses, i might go back for a checkup in a month or so and ill see if everything looks good.

Last edited by tmorales509; 02-04-2013 at 09:12 PM.

Reply Reply