It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dizziness / Vertigo Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2013, 03:35 PM   #1
(female)

bjjmom HB User
Dizzy w/terrible ear pressure & headache

[SIZE="1"]I have been suffering with dizziness and what I call severe ear pressure since the beginning of December 2012. I am a 50 year old women who up until this point in time have been completely healthly other than the migraine headaches I have suffered since I was about 8 years old and I also have TMJD. I use the medication Relpax to help with my migraines which has been a blessing. I went on a 7 day cruise during the week of November 18th, 2012 and experienced terrible sea sickness. Nothing helped and needless to say I was thrilled to get off of the ship. I am not saying that the cruise has/had anything to do with my current dizziness but I thought I better mention this just in case someone else out there has had this happen. Upon returning home I was only slightly dizzy for about 4-5 days at which time the dizziness stopped. I was good for about a week and then all of a sudden I started having these terrible dizzy spells along with what seemed like a hot flash. The dizziness is now constant and I also have what I call pressure in my ears. I ended up in the ER last week because along with the dizziness and ear pressure I felt like my face was trying to go numb. The tingling scared me so my husband took me to be seen and the ER ended up admitting me for some tests. I had a chest xray, electrocardiogram, cat scan and MRI of my head all of which were normal. I was sent home 2 days later with a diagnosis of "complex migraine hyporakemia". In the past few days I now have a terrible headache which is only eased a bit by using Tylenol Sinus. The dizziness is terrible and I am afraid to drive my car or to be alone. I have an appointment to see an ENT doc in February. I have no idea what has caused my dizziness and am not sure if the cruise somehow has messed up my balance or if I picked up some virus or something. Any info would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply