It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dizziness / Vertigo Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2013, 09:58 AM   #1
(female)

Puggins HB User
Puggins

I have had severe vertigo, nausea for the past 18 months. Tried neurologists and ENT, had MRI of brain and ears, CT of same with no problems found. I take meclizine, Valium and zofran, but they really do not help. Does anyone out there have any ideas? I am desperate now! Thanks

Old 01-25-2013, 12:22 PM   #2
(female)

Purrcilla HB User
Re: Puggins

I suffered from dizziness with nausea for 10 years and had every test and scan known, only to discover that it was the artificial sweetener Aspertame that was in everything I was ingesting. The diet Pepsi, light Jello, Etc. If you are eating/drinking anything with that crap in it, please stop immediately and see if you don't feel better. I began my improvement on my own and turned to a homeopathic alergist doctor to add to my therapy. Allergies can make you spin too.
Even if this doesn't apply to you, you have my support and understanding, It is unbelievably frustrating to deal with medical professionals. Wishing you a diagnosis and cure very soon. Please keep us informed.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-25-2013, 02:41 PM   #3
(female)

Puggins HB User

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately I stopped the artificial sweeteners about 6 months ago. I do watch what I eat even to the point of eliminating gluten! I did have allergy tests-once I was allergic to certain things, the next time I was not!

The following user gives a hug of support to Puggins:
Purrcilla (01-25-2013)
Old 01-25-2013, 03:56 PM   #4
(female)

Purrcilla HB User

Keep researching and you will find whatever is causing the vertigo.
It is dreadful, I know, I've had the pleasure. Take care, keeping you in thought & prayer.

Old 01-30-2013, 07:25 PM   #5
(male)

Seekingpeace12 HB UserSeekingpeace12 HB UserSeekingpeace12 HB UserSeekingpeace12 HB User

You may want to try an Opthomalogist next. Vision problems such as horizontal/vertical Heterophoria can cause dizziness or vertigo. Any problems with body pain such as neck or back pain? Sometimes a misalignment of the neck these can also cause dizziness.

Reply Reply