It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dizziness / Vertigo Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2013, 08:33 AM   #1
(female)

summer 123 HB User
meds

Has anyone taking xanax for anxiety, and it helped. Dont want to take it for long, but the antidepressents made me feel worse.

Old 01-31-2013, 06:25 PM   #2
(male)

Seekingpeace12 HB UserSeekingpeace12 HB UserSeekingpeace12 HB UserSeekingpeace12 HB User
Re: meds

Hi summer and welcome to the boards. Although you will probably get more responses by asking your question under the Anxiety message board, I will tell you about me. I currently take .25 mg of Xanax for anxiety and panic attacks as needed. I am very sensitive to medicines as well as the feeling of feeling sick. This will trigger anxiety and I panic. I take a Xanax pill maybe once every two weeks or so. I try very hard to tough it out and only take them when I can't take it any longer. Xanax is very, very effective at relieving anxiety quick. I can feel it start to work in as little as 10 minutes. One benefit from Xanax over Valium (both are Benzos) is that Xanax will also lower your blood pressure. I find this invaluable since with my anxiety I find that my pulse and blood pressure go sky high (190/110) where on a regular day by blood pressure is at 123/78. I mention this because someone with low blood pressure may find that this medicine may not be for them.

I used to take beta blockers (Bystolic) and it destroyed my health. It took four attempts to finally get off of the beta blockers. I credit the Xanax with giving me the wellness and strength to finally get off the BB.

There is much controversy over taking benzos such as Xanax because it can be addictive for some individuals who are prone to abusing drugs. It is my opinion that the majority of people on Xanax thrive on it and find the relief they need. I highly recommend supplementing an SSRI medication with Xanax at the beginning to take the edge off since many people experience anxiety when they first start taking SSRIs. Once your body gets used to the medication you can wean off of the benzo and will probably better your chances by doing it this way.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply