It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dizziness / Vertigo Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2013, 03:57 PM   #1
(male)

vedanth1942 HB User
Is it minniers disease or cervical spondilosys

For the first time in December 2011, while i was about to get up from the bed in the morning, i have stiffened my body to ward of lethargy, at that time i felt some faint clip like sound in my neck.Soonafter i got up from the bed, alas felt as if the whole room is spinning around me. Immediately i was forced to fall on the bed.Thats the begining.

For the past few months i am getting dizziness ocassionally . I do not get vomiting or nausea or head ache. I get dizziness ---

1.When on some days when i get up from the bed.

2. if i sleep turning to the right side of my body keeping my left ear down on the pillow.I observed this on two or three occassions

3.When i bend my neck down or look up towards sky as if to see a aircraft

4.if i read paper while standing looking down

5.when i pick up something off the floor or bend my body down

6 when i see my left shoulder by bending my neck left side.

The dizziness lasts for a week or 10 days in which time i take Stugeron 25 mg twice a day or vertin 16 mg twice a day..When i get pain in the neck region i take zero dol p or some diclofenac.

I am a vegetarian and 70 years old.

My medical history is I had IHD 37 yrs back no complications/mild Hypertension (Under control)Diabetes (since 2010) Hypothyroidsm(2011). All are under control.

When i saw an ortho , he said that i have cervical spondylosis and the vertebrae are degenerating, and suggested stugeron .But i am not thoroughly satisfied with his findings. Can any knowledgeable person or doctor enlighten me on this?I will be so happy.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-19-2013, 06:59 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

twohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB User
Re: Is it minniers disease or cervical spondilosys

Hey there,

Sorry to hear you're having these problems. I have Meniere's Disease, and the 3 symptoms that have to be present to be diagnosed with it are vertigo, ringing in the ears (tinnitus), and hearing loss.

Do you also have ringing in the ears and hearing loss? A lot of people have vertigo issues but don't have Meniere's Disease. Also, people with MD often have recurrent severe vertigo where you can't tell which way is up or down at all, and severe vomiting during episodes.

It's possible you have a mild case of vertigo along with some pinching of your nerves in your neck.

For vertigo, it can be very scary but rarely is dangerous. Some things that can help it are decongestants, eliminating salt from your diet, and chewing gum.

Best wishes!

Reply Reply

Tags
dizziness when lying down