It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dizziness / Vertigo Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2013, 12:50 PM   #1
(female)

DropsofJupiter HB User
Question Constantly Dizzy and Nauseous

Hi, I'm female and fourteen years old. I've been having random spells of vertigo (I think that's what its called) where I become really dizzy and nauseous, as well as feeling overheated and a lump in my throat. I've been feeling this way for over a year and recently it has gotten worse, a little bit before I started taking medication for depression.

I've been tested for anemia and I don't have it, but I've started to lose school days due to my inability to walk around without feeling as if I'm going to faint or throw up, so I am getting really worried. I've noticed that now I've started to feel this even when I am sitting, and it gets worse when I'm standing or in a warm area. Sometimes I even have to lay down because the closer I am to the ground the better, but at the same time that makes it worse.

My parents don't really believe me because, like I said, the doctor already told them I did not have anemia so they've dismissed these dizzy spells. At this moment I feel as if I'm going to throw up, and I even feel liquid in my throat. Like I said, before recently I wouldn't have this feeling when I was sitting down.

I don't think its caused by my medicine and this dizziness is ruining my life. I can't pay attention to anything when I'm worried about whether or not I'm going to lose my lunch all over my conversation partner, or if I'm going to become unconscious. I sincerely hope you guys could help me out, because I don't really go to the doctor that often and I don't really have anybody else to turn to except the internet and I haven't found anything that really applies to me or that is easily accessible.

Thank you very much for any help you decide to give and I look forward to your answers, I suppose.
Sincerely,
DropsofJupiter

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-21-2013, 03:41 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

flintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB User
Re: Constantly Dizzy and Nauseous

Sounds like you could have menere's disease. Go to ear nose and throat doctor

Reply Reply

Tags
dizziness, lightheaded after standing, nausea