It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dizziness / Vertigo Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2013, 07:49 AM   #1
(male)

damianinpa HB User
Help with Diagnosis vertigo type/cause

All,
I need help with a diagnosis...
My daughter is 18 had her 1st bout of vertigo around Christmas. Everything was spinning and she couldn't walk. The Dr. couldn't find the cause so, they said go to the ER. The ER ran bloodwork and a catscan and everything was normal. So, their diagnosis was Vertigo and they stated it could last a up to a few weeks. Sure enough it did and right at the 2 week mark she was better and then appeared normal. But, since then she has had 2 more recurrances of this lasting 1 week each time. She is unable to walk on her own and her head spins. Her ears are not ringing and she is not vommiting. Can anyone give a guess as to what this might be? 3 occurrances in 4 months. The Dr and Hospital really saw nothing wrong. Should I go to a Neurologist or see an ears/nose/throat Dr? Any guidance is appreciated. Looking online I see Benign Paroxymal Positional Vertigo, Meniere's Disease, Labrynthitis and Central Nervous System Disease listed as possibilites, but, can't figure out which one this is based on the recurrance and longevity of each episode. I'm hoping users on this board might be able to share their experiences on this matter.

Old 04-21-2013, 04:31 PM   #2
(female)

mommie34 HB User
Re: Help with Diagnosis vertigo type/cause

Hello,

I am new to vertigo issues as well. My experience with it started about three months ago. In my own experience and research is that the inner ear controls our balance. So, I suggest taking your daughter to an ear, nose, and throat doctor. And if they can't seem to find the problem I would take her to a neurologist next. I hope all goes well with your daughter. Be blessed and have a great day!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-04-2013, 07:38 AM   #3
(male)

damianinpa HB User
Re: Help with Diagnosis vertigo type/cause

We took our daughter to the neurologist. Without running any tests he stated this sounds like meniere's disease. They are going to run an MRI to rule things out and then send us to an ears/nose/throat Dr. But, from what I read on the internet Meniere's usually lasts only 24 hrs and the 3 times she got this, it lasted 1 Full week. Can Meniere's last 1 Week????

Reply Reply