It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dizziness / Vertigo Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2013, 03:34 PM   #1
(female)

ktisyy4u HB User
Sensation of pitching forward and to the left

I took a trip via air 2 months ago. As soon as I got off the elevator (5th floor) of my hotel I really felt as though the room was moving – no nausea – just balance.

Ever since (24/7) I have felt as though I am going to fall forward and to the right whether sitting at my desk, walking, or on my bed (but not while driving). My Dr. has said that is not vertigo and would like me to have an MRI, which I will do if it doesn’t abate within the next 2 weeks.

Has anyone experienced anything similar to this? Any diagnoses? Any thoughts?

Thank you

Old 08-01-2013, 09:10 PM   #2
(male)

KennedyLane HB User
Re: Sensation of pitching forward and to the left

Do some research on Mal de debarquement, which usually starts after a passive motion event such as flying, a cruise, or even an elevator ride.

The good news is it usually goes away. If that is your diagnosis, try to be as active as normal, carrying on as usual. Get lots of rest and keep your life as stress-free as possible. Some benefit with using Klonopin (a benzo) for a short period of time.

Hope you feel better soon...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-02-2013, 09:24 AM   #3
(female)

ktisyy4u HB User
Lightbulb Re: Sensation of pitching forward and to the left

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennedyLane View Post
Do some research on Mal de debarquement, which usually starts after a passive motion event such as flying, a cruise, or even an elevator ride.

The good news is it usually goes away. If that is your diagnosis, try to be as active as normal, carrying on as usual. Get lots of rest and keep your life as stress-free as possible. Some benefit with using Klonopin (a benzo) for a short period of time.

Hope you feel better soon...
Thank you so much. Just started reading up on Mal de debarquement and it really fits. I'll take this info to my primary. I appreciate you taking the time to help.

Thanks again,
ktisyy4u

Old 08-28-2013, 03:49 PM   #4
(female)

Elle1616 HB User

I have been experiencing something very similar. It's been about 2 months now. I flipped my head back to put a hair towel on and I hit the floor from the whole room spinning. I went to the ER and was diagnoses with vertigo. Since that day, it hasn't stopped. I have been referred to a cardiologist, neurologist and an ent to rule out brain tumor, ms, POTS, etc. So far I have had a cervical MRI, brain scan, MRI of brain with contrast, carotid arteries Doppler, an EEG, physical therapy for vestibular issues and tomorrow I have a Tilt Table Test because they can not pin point why I still have this feeling of falling to the left and off balance. The three doctors are disagreeing with each other. I can't get back to work and I'm so frustrated. I keep reading of more and more people .who are or have experiencing this feeling.

Old 08-29-2013, 07:48 AM   #5
(female)

ktisyy4u HB User

Thanks for posting. Keep me informed. I sure hope it stops for you. I am still able to work, but it is quite frustrating. MRI is scheduled as well as an appointment with an ophthalmologist as I had an abnormal eye exam and visual field testing (cupping was the diagnosis), not sure if it is related. I'll post when I get more information. Take care.

Last edited by ktisyy4u; 08-29-2013 at 07:49 AM.

Old 08-29-2013, 11:54 AM   #6
(female)

Sunlover54 HB User

Kinda of sounds like an inner ear problem. Especially since it started after the elevator ride. (elevators do a number on your inner ears - especially if it was one of those ones that go pretty fast and you had many floors to pass) Had a neighbor who had an inner ear problem and she would describe it as when she'd walk down her hall she'd feel like a magnet was pulling her toward the wall.

Reply Reply