It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Down Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2006, 07:52 AM   #1
(female)

ks5353 HB User
Level II Ultrasound

I decided not to go through with the amnio because both level II ultrasounds came back totally normal. I understand that there is a small chance I could have a DS baby and I'm ok with that. The risk of the amnio was too much for me....

My question is that on the boards I'm reading that a lot of you had perfectly normal ultrasounds. Were these ultrasounds level II or were they routine dating ultrasounds? Please let me know....I appreciate it!!

Old 02-27-2006, 08:12 AM   #2
(female)

angelique5 HB User
Re: Level II Ultrasound

my situation...
with my down's son...I had just you're everyday ultrasound in the doctors office...according to HIM, it was all "normal", he just said the baby was a lil on the small side. :::shrug:::

now, with a later preganancy, when I had an abnormal AMNIO, they sent me for several Level II ultrasounds... like, MONTHLY...and they could never find the abnormalities they were expecting to find.... and the ultrasound was accurate...she had no abnormalities, the amnio was wrong.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-27-2006, 01:41 PM   #3
(female)

ks5353 HB User

This is so frustrating. I am glad I decided NOT to do the amnio, because it seems nothing is 100%. After talking to a few "professionals" (My mom has been in nursing for over 30 yrs so she knows alot of nurses and drs) they told me to go off of the Level II because they catch the signs for downs alot on those. Then reading this board it seems that they tend to miss it quite a bit too. That was why I wnated to know if they were Level II's or not.

I'm glad everything turned out normal with your pregnancy. And I thought I was having a stressful pregnancy!! Thanks for your response!! good luck with everything....

Old 02-27-2006, 04:07 PM   #4
(female)

angelique5 HB User

it's probably not the right thing to say to someone who is pregnant, and especially if it's their first pregnancy...I don't mean to sound condescending... I just have 5 pregnancies behind me...

The pregnancy can seem like an eternity... there seem to be a billion things to worry about... people offer "advice" that can scare the crap out of you...

life gives us so many hurdles to overcome... someday, the pregnancy will be a distant memory... even when your baby is just a month old, the pregnancy can feel like a lifetime ago! Try to relax, enjoy the miracle within you...you know you're going to love your baby no matter what...so just try to enjoy this time. You seem to have a very high chance that everything is going to be ok, if you ask me!!

Good luck!

Closed Thread