It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Down Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2006, 03:19 PM   #1
(female)

Amethy HB User
Exclamation Help I am worried!

Hello I am very worried my son is 20 months old, at 7 weeks old he needed open heart surgery to patch his ASD and VSD holes, he hasnt had any proublems with his heart but I am worried he may be having proublems again. can anyone help me? My son has been sick for over three weeks now, he is sleeping alot more lately, he wont hardly eat or drink and he's not himself or active as much like he use to be, even his theripist are noticing it as well. Could this mean my son may be having heart proublems again? I dont seem to be getting any answers from any of the three doctors he has and I am frustrated right now. Please help me someone.

Old 04-21-2006, 07:19 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Karen W. HB User
Re: Help I am worried!

Hi,
Has you son had any immunizations -(shots) before this all happened?? My daughter had two holes in her heart, she had gotten a shot and she had a hard time, all she did was sleep, she ended up in the hospital for about 9 days?? also have you talked to his heart surgeon?
Karen

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-22-2006, 08:52 PM   #3
(female)

VALSFUNNUY HB User
Re: Help I am worried!

HI,
MY NAME IS VAL. I HAVE A DAUGHTER WHO IS 21 MONTHS. BACK IN SEPTEMBER I NOTICED THE SAME SYMPTOMS. SHE WOULD SLEEP ALL THE TIME, IN THE MIDDLE OF A THERPY SESSION SHE WOULD JUST KNOCK RIGHT OUT. I TALKED TO HER PEDIATRICIAN, CARDIALOGIST, AND ENT AND THEY SUGGESTED THAT WE DO A SLEEP STUDY. WE FOUND THAT SHE HAD ENLARGED ADNOIDS & ALSO HAD SLEEP APNEA. IN OCTOBER WE DID SURGERY AND REMOVED THE TONSIL & ADNOIDS AND SHE HAS IMPROVED SO MUCH HER THERAPIST ARE IMPRESSED AT HER PROGRESS.
WELL, THAT WAS MY EXPERIENCE SO I HOPE THIS WILL HELP YOU AND YOUR FAMILY. VAL

Closed Thread