It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Down Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2006, 09:39 AM   #1
(female)

MrsBlack HB User
What things do you just love about your child with DS?

List some of those funny/adorable qualities your child posesses. And to you lurkers out there...you too!

Cammy, my 16 month old daughter is just hysterical. She's been crawling for about a month now and is curious about everything. She gets excited about exploration and lets out squeals and giggles while she's on her way toward something. She's starting to babble, which is just hilarious. She loves to smile and will just get the largest, most heartwarming smile on her face. She claps her chubby little hands together. And when I put her on the couch, she thrashes around with excitement, giggling and then eagerly tries crawling over the mounds of pillows. It's so funny, I could just cry. She's SOOOO affectionate too. When I pick her up she clings to me and stares at me with this gaping grin, her two bottom teeth glimmering. Then sometimes she will randomly burst into a joyous giggle. I'm starting to put her in pigtails now and my GOD how cute and girly she looks with them. I color-coordinate her little summer jumpsuits to the bands in her hair and it's just the cutest thing in the world. When I think back about how scared, worried and sad I felt when I first found out she had DS, I now think "What was I so freaked out about?!" She and her brother (who is Autistic) are the two most fantastic shining spots in my life. I was trying to post a link to a photo, but I guess we can't do that here?

Tell us what qualities about your child makes you burst with joy!

Last edited by MrsBlack; 06-18-2006 at 09:42 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-18-2006, 10:35 PM   #2
(female)

T21mom HB User
Re: What things do you just love about your child with DS?

What things do I just love about Andrew........my gosh, is there enough room to post it all?! Having 4 kids I thought I had seen it all....but in the 16 months since this little guy was born he has opened my eyes to more things than I ever could have imagined.

*The way he snuggles up to me when he's going to sleep.
*The way he sucks his thumb and has to touch my face with that hand at the same time.
*The way he looks at his older siblings, with such love.
*The way he looks at everything through un-jaded eyes...with such awe.
*The determination he has when he commando-cralws over to something he wants.
*His eyes....oh my, I just love those eyes!!
*How quickly he picks up on sign language & communication.
*The way he waves bye-bye and says 'ba' at the same time....whether a person is coming or going. LOL!
*The way he amazes me and his therapists with everything he's accomplished thus far.
*The way he has everyone he comes in contact with wrapped around his little finger.
*His smile- it lights up the world....do you see the bright shining light coming from MN?
*The way he snatches up Cheerios off his tray & gets them into his mouth...he's so fast you can barely see it happen!
*The way he snores lightly when he sleeps.
*The way he uses his tongue as his 'third hand'...he has to touch everything with his hands, then his tongue gets a turn...it's so cute!
*The way he curls up his toes when we play 'This Little Piggy'.
*The way he belly-laughs when we do 'Itsy-Bitsy Spider.

Oh my gosh...there isn't anything I don't love about that child!!!

Old 09-11-2006, 05:17 PM   #3
(female)

Jaber HB User

My 3 yr. old daughter w/ DS loves people, especially other children. To the point of walking right up to another child she's never seen before, and either hugging them or poking them out of curiosity. It always takes the other children aback, but I love her outgoingness and natural affection for others. And she loves adults. Whenever we go anywhere and someone pays attention to her, she'll start playing peek-a-boo with them, or making silly eyes. Whenever we're in a restaurant, she has to say good-bye to every single table as we walk out. People adore her, and I just love her warmness w/ everyone. She's a natural performer and attracts everyone naturally. I love how she tries to play mommy to her dolls and even puts her doll up her shirt when she sees my sister nurse her baby. I love how we and her therapists taught her sign language, she still signs and knows at least 30 signs. (something to brag about!) I love how she thinks that all animals are for sitting on, and has no problem trying to sit on everyone else's cat.

And I love it when she sees and elderly person and she'll look at me and say...Ho Ho Ho!

Old 09-19-2006, 03:30 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Gwen S HB User

My little guy is 11 months old. And he melts my heart...
When he smiles at me
When we rock to sleep
When he just gazes at me....like when we are shopping or just rocking
When he is being silly
When he thinks he's being bad (by grabbing my arm 'preventing' me from doing what I was doing)
When he sighs contently while we snuggle
When he snorts when he is sleeping
When he gets excited
When he learns something new

Old 09-20-2006, 08:19 AM   #5
(female)

angelique5 HB User

Awww....I miss the baby days...

My son is officially a teenager now...13... the little things aren't as 'adorable' anymore..lol

I love watching all my kids grow up though...including Jared...here he is maturing, looking more and more grown up...he's almost as tall as me!! He wants to be so grown... "mom, I'm a teenager...i need my ear pierced" he tells me... hahaha... and he tells me how he likes the girls at lunch break, cause there are no cute girls in his class...Oh my goodness!!! LOL

Old 09-21-2006, 06:58 AM   #6
(female)

Katiebelle HB User

I am very new to the board , my sons name is Sam he is 6 yrs,

Wow what a question to ask , it HAS to be all mums favourite topic!!

My most favourite thing about Sam is his very weird sense of humour !! I think its just a family one as his siblings are as bad!! He is always joking around and laughing!!

His determination!! That boy never gives up. Despite being deaf he just keeps on talking!! So great to hear him calling to us and singing at the top of his lungs !!! He carries that determination to everything he does!!

His smile!! He is just soooo cute , I could not honestly imagine waking up without that smile!! Its sets me up for the day.

His bravery!!! Too long to go into but he is the bravest person I know !!!

His limitless capacity to love unconditionally!! I love that people say to me there is no bad in Samuel , none !!!

His sneak wrestling attacks !!! Boy can he pounce !!!

I could go on as the list is endless!! But don't worry I wont ,

Katie

Closed Thread