It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Down Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2001, 10:59 PM   #1

TinafromPC HB User
Question I need HELP!!!

I have a 9 year Down's son, Dylan. He is a wonderful and bright child with one thing that is driving me crazy. He runs away. It started with him running at the store or just down the street then went to running away at school then church (our building is 3 stories and covers 3/4 of one square block and took us 1 hour to find him next door in the other church)then today, he was out playing with his older brother when he decided to go down the block and cross a busy street. He can not tell me why he does this. Can anyone tell me if they have had this similar problem? I am unsure what to do.

Old 02-27-2001, 06:54 AM   #2

BigJess1969 HB User
I haven't had to deal yet with the wandering concerns, but I do know that if you go to [url="http://www.disabilitysolutions.com"]www.disabilitysolutions.com[/url] you can ******** an archived issue of a great newsletter on wandering. It is a concern that is fairly common among parents of children with DS. While there, sign up for the newsletter...it is GREAT (and free), and pertains to DS and other related disabilities.

Good luck,

------------------
J-, mommy of 4 girls, the youngest with Down syndrome

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-02-2001, 07:43 AM   #3

mslinda HB User
Cool

my son is now 11 and he used to do the same thing. he doesnt anymore. we just had to make sure to keep a close eye on him. i think he is the reason i kept fit, chasing him all the time hahaha......

------------------
linda ;-)

Closed Thread