It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Down Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2001, 08:30 AM   #1

kjcp HB User
Post new mom of baby girl with DS

I'm a new mom, again. My baby girl of 1 1/2 mos. has DS. I also have two boys, ages 3yr and 1 1/2yr. I've been a stay at home mom now for almost a year. I'm looking for support, encouragement, words or wisdom from people who've been there - people who care. Ironically, I worked in the area of special needs for years, coming in contact with people with DS on a daily basis. My friend of 20+ years has a brother with DS. I'm no stranger to DS, but I continue to ride an 'emotional roller coaster' on a daily basis. Overall, I think I'm doing okay (sometimes, I don't think so). Fortunately, everytime I make a contact (i.e. area mothers' support group has been helpful, early intervention intake staff is encouraging), I feel a bit better. So, anyway you can offer support will be appreciated.

------------------
Kelly

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-03-2001, 08:05 PM   #2

Tifferbelle HB User
I have a 7 year old girl with DS. I also was 23 and with a 19 month old child when she was born. The early years were hard but the fact that she has Downs hardly fazes me now. Audrey takes gymnastics and swimming lessons in the summer, and skiing and horseback riding in the winter. We treat her like any other kid and that's how she behaves. Yes, she is behind other kids her age but who cares? She's quite popular with all her "typical" classmates. I was so worried when she started school that she would be treated badly. But so far there has been no problem whatsoever. The kids love her.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-07-2001, 02:36 PM   #3

ABC Mom HB User
Wink

Congratulations on the birth of your beautiful daughter!!! How lucky she is to have been born to a mother who loves her enough reach out for support and information to help her grow to reach her fullest potential.I have a 12yr. old daughter,Ally, who has Down Syndrome. Enjoy your daughter and open your heart and mind to everthing she will teach you about life and love. Sometimes, miracles are hidden in the smallest of places. I have a great poem but it's kind of long, if you have an e-mail address, I would be happy to send it to you

[This message has been edited by ABC Mom (edited 03-07-2001).]

Old 03-10-2001, 06:17 AM   #4

Gianna HB User
Smile

Children with DS are the most beautiful children, they grow up to be loving caring sensitive and fun to love! They are true angels sent from god ,and they make the world more beautiful.

Closed Thread