I have seen a few posts about this problem, but it doesn't seem like anyone replies to let you know there outcome. I am 20 wks pregnant and am considered high risk (I have the stitch also) and was told today that the baby has a calcium deposit on its heart. The dr. ordered the triple screen test (I'll have the results monday), but advised me not to have an amnio unless I would consider not having the baby if it came back positive. If anyone has gone through this and has any suggestions on how to get throough it, please let me know
I'm not exactly in the same situationbut at am at 18 weeks and had the AFP triple screen and it came back 1/11 for DS while the sono is perfect. DS or not we are keeping this baby and I'm trying to prepare myself.
Wish I had advice. Just want you to know you have company.
I am a 31 year old pregnant mother who recently had a AFP test which came back positive for DS. I then was scheduled for genetic counseling, a high resolution ultra-sound scan and met with a wonderful Specialist. The counseling was informative. The ultra-sound revealed I am having a baby girl. The growth of this baby is perfect according to my EDD. Only one soft maker showed up on the scan and it was the cardiogenic focus (bright spot) on the heart. Unfortunately that changed my odds from 1:210 to 1:105. I had previously discussed with my partner that I would most likely have the amnio done if my odds worsened. So it was not too difficult for me to make that decision when it was presented. I have a week and half before I find out the result and promise to post the outcome. I was told however by the specialist that he would be very surprised if this baby wasn't anything but a picture of health at birth.
If you do a search online for cardiogenic foci in down syndrome fetuses, you should be able to come up with some medical opinions. However, I warn you that the opinions vary from research group to research group. Every baby is different and it is my advice to seek your OBGYN or Specialists advice above all else.