It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Down Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2007, 08:21 AM   #1
(female)

lbinno1 HB User
Echogenic intracardiac foci

Hi, I need advice and feedaback really bad. If you have it can you please give it. I am 22 weeks pregnant, due July with my 4th child and I am 23 years old. I am soooo happy about this current pregnancy because I am having a boy. I already have 3 girls. However, I was told that the baby has this echogenic intracardiac foci in his heart, so I am totally freaked out. I know I have read the other postings about this subject and there have been mothers who eneded up having a down syndrome baby, and then there were those who had normal babies. What does it really depend on? I am so scared that he is going to be born with a birth defect that I cant handle. All I can do is pray that he is healthy and well, but what are the reasons you have babies with borth defects, is it just all up to God? I am trying to get some feedback from mothers who have experienced the same, can you please help me. Thank you.

Old 03-22-2007, 08:43 AM   #2
(female)

momtofour HB User
Re: Echogenic intracardiac foci

Read the thread started by jackiejetta. I'm not a Dr., but I will tell you that the Echogenic intracardiac foci was the only marker they found during ultrasounds for my Sadie. My Dr. said it was such a soft marker that they were thinking of not even using it as a marker for DS since 5% of the normal population has it. Good luck and I know you are scared- but if you take the time to research down syndrome and the kids who have it- you will learn that it is a hard but very rewarding journey!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-27-2007, 01:21 PM   #3
(female)

loll HB User
Re: Echogenic intracardiac foci

hello

you wanted to hear from others who had the same experience as you so i thought i would reply. The ultra sound that i had at 21 weeks picked up echogenic focus of the left ventricle, the woman doing the scan didnt make much of it she said not to worry but she had to mention it as it was in my notes and that it was quite common, of course i did worry and looked it up on the internet as soon as i got home i saw it was a marker for downs but because of my age(30) i soon forgot about it and enjoyed the rest of my pregnancy. then my beautiful baby boy was born and i knew straight away that he had downs. i was so scared and worried about the future,but now only 3 months later he is a brilliant addition to my family.
I can't imagine life without him and i would never wish the down's part of him away. its just a part of him like his sisters red hair.The way i see it is somethings are just meant to be and everything happens for a reason, its easy for me to say but try not to worry too much about the future now as you really don't know how things will turn out and you can't change it anyway. he is the happiest baby i know and was sleeping through at 9 weeks old,so I feel really smug when i talk to other mums with sleepless babies!

all the best from loll x

Closed Thread