It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Down Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2007, 10:30 AM   #1
(female)

janie82 HB User
downs syndrome and discipline

What advice can you provide in helping at the school level in dealing with a Down Syndrome child who is not truthful and will take money that does not belong to them. This is at the high school level.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-04-2007, 02:15 PM   #2
(female)

hannahph HB User
Re: downs syndrome and discipline

Well first off I would want to know why this person was taking money. Has anyone talked to him/her about it? Has there been a conversation about why?Does this person have access to money of their own?? The other question is where is the money that it is accessable to other people?? This person could be taking money for severeral reasons and you need to get to the bottom of it.Once you do I would have a conversation about why it is wrong and make them know that there are consequenses for their actions.You said they are not truthfull about it and it is probably because they are afraid of getting in trouble.That is pretty normal if you ask me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread