It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Down Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2008, 02:44 PM   #1
(female)

sdmcdan HB User

Hi, my name is Scarlett. I'm 20 years old and married to a loving, supportive husband. We have a beautiful 2-month-old baby boy named Jacob, who at birth was diagnosed with down syndrome, duodenal atresia and complete AV canal. He also has problems with feeding intolerance and feeds through an NG tube. He has since had the duodenal atresia surgically repaired and is working towards heart surgery this summer.

I've been looking all over for a message board for parents of kids with Down's so I'm very thankful to have finally found one that appears to be active.

Just wanted to introduce myself...so hello!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-13-2008, 06:41 PM   #2
(female)

ashmegmom HB User
Re: New Member

Hi Scarlett,
Congratulations on your baby boy. My daughter also had a complete AV canal heart defect which was corrected at 5 months of age. It was tough to go through but she did excellant and the doctors are amazing with what they can do now. My daughter is now 11 years old and will be 12 next month. It doesn't seem possible. She is a wonderful young lady. Ask any questions you might have. Enjoy your baby!

Carla

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-06-2009, 10:34 AM   #3
(female)

joanneuk44 HB User
Re: New Member

Hi am new here i need some help today.
Am 33 weeks pregnant with identical twins girls.
It was only at todays scan they found somethink wrong to much fluid in baby a they call it double bubble duodenal atresia a operaition is needed at birth am soo so sad has they one in 4 chance of downs s.........was not tested in eary pregnancy for this has a was to far gone. Any info a be great A FEEL LOST .i hope you are ok thanks joanne

Closed Thread