It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Down Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2008, 09:07 AM   #1
(female)

Cath54 HB User
There Are A Lot Of Posts

I think there are a lot of posts from women that might be carrying an infant with Down syndrome. I had a friend and a sister-in-law that were both near 40 when having a baby - one thought she could never become pregnant - and by knowing our family with a child with DS both chose not to have any testing since they felt they could deal with having a child with DS. I would think that being stressed out during the pregnancy would not be beneficial for the baby or the mother to be. I often see testing as cited as a good thing since it would allow the prospective parents time to learn more about DS, just in case things went that way as in all other parts of your life it doesn't hurt to be prepared one way or another. There are many resources available. I would think that if the physician cannot predict for sure whether a baby has DS before birth that probably no one else will be able to either. Sometimes I think that the testing including sonograms just add risk and worry where it isn't necessary.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread