It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Down Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2008, 11:29 AM   #1
(male)

jason1607 HB User
Our Son is 8 and aggresive and poorly

Hi

I am the father of a DS child called Harry he is now 8 years Old. He has some kind of allergic condition in his stomach and he has been in pain for over 4 years and we cant find what the allergy is, he is wheat free, dairy free, soya free, egg free diet and this has not changed any problem. We now think it may be a pollen reaction inetranlly, has anyone gone down this route and got anywhere.

Our son still at 8 has not developed since he was 3, no communication, spoon fed and liquidised foods.

he is extremely violent to everyone when he is in pain attacking everyone around him and banging his head against walls or corners of tables, we have a protective hat but this does stop the impact but he just does it more and harder.

Has anyone had these kind of behaviours and waht have you done that has helped. It ios serious and we have no one that understands or can help us.

His medival condition is being researches via Gt Ormond St now in London hopefully they will help.

Are we the only people out their who has been through the above as we feel on our own and no one can help! If someone has been through or knows someone with similar problems I would love to hear from you to see if we can help each other.

Thanks for reading
Jason

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-19-2008, 06:45 PM   #2
(female)

elm007 HB User
Re: Our Son is 8 and aggresive and poorly

I had stomach aches from not knowing i had celiac for 9 years. When i was on the diet i felt improvement, but still felt 70% until i took out other various food.

Obviously took out oats.
Next to gluten, potatoes were the worst
Anything really acidic (especially orange juice)
Meats that are hard to chew (seafoods gross but it didn't hurt my stomach )

i'm not suggesting you take out those specific foods. Sorry, i know nothing about down syndrome, but i know something about stomach aches. Perhaps take out certain foods that you have been feeding him and try without it for a few weeks (i didn't feel improvement until it's been a long time from stopping from eatting it) Obviously check with your doctor before you do anything.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread