It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Down Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2008, 05:18 PM   #1
(female)

enoel2 HB User
possible chance of baby having down syndrome

if your blood work came back and the down syndorme is positive and the chances of your child having down syndrome is 1/212 percent what to say about that.

Old 09-09-2008, 06:11 PM   #2
(female)

moody318 HB User
Re: possible chance of baby having down syndrome

What test did you have? The AFP test? That can come back false positives quite often from what I understand. My son has DS and he was actually a false negative so we didn't know until he was born. Are they suggesting further testing?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-09-2008, 07:41 PM   #3
(female)

enoel2 HB User

Well see i went to my second appointment today and the dr told me that my ultarasound came back fine but the blood work they took for ds came back positive. He said i should not worry about it too much and don't consider the baby of having ds because my chances are 1\212. He also said i could have tested positive for many other reason, like there could be more than one baby inside my womb and ect. im just extremly sceard, by the way this is my first baby. the babies heart rate is 150, they now scheduled me for a better ultrasound where there going to tell me exactly what the possibilities may be. I dont want to have the amino test done cause my chance are very low. but im still concern what do you think it might be ?

Old 09-09-2008, 10:59 PM   #4
(female)

enoel2 HB User

Well see i went to my second appointment today and the dr told me that my ultarasound came back fine but the blood work they took for ds came back positive. He said i should not worry about it too much and don't consider the baby of having ds because my chances are 1\212. He also said i could have tested positive for many other reason, like there could be more than one baby inside my womb and ect. im just extremly sceard, by the way this is my first baby. the babies heart rate is 150, they now scheduled me for a better ultrasound where there going to tell me exactly what the possibilities may be. I dont want to have the amino test done cause my chance are very low. but im still concern what do you think it might be ?

Old 09-10-2008, 06:42 PM   #5
(female)

moody318 HB User

I can't answer that but so many tests can come back with results that turn out incorrect. The ultrasound will be good (probably a level 2) becasue they will see that the baby is healthy and check the heart and everything much more closely. Try to relax and enjoy being pregnant...I truly miss it. When I had a level 2 with my second son they were able to tell me very early if it was a boy or girl!!! Maybe they will be able to tell you..if you want to know! It is easier said than done but relax and focus on the the baby.

Closed Thread