It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Down Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2008, 04:38 PM   #1
(female)

Bubbasmommy HB User
Does anyone out there have answers????

I have an 11 yr old son w/ds. He was happy, outgoing, loving, loved being the center of attention. He used to play video games, and just plain thrived in life. About 6-8 wks ago he started to change. I'm not say that it was overnight, but it might as well have been. He just completely did a 180. He still enjoys his TV, but everything else I can't seem to get a reaction out of him. It's almost like he has no drive at all. He walks around like a zombie. He quit running and jumping, or riding his bike. He quit his video games. At school, he started to regress badly. I took him to the doctor and they tested for everything under the sun.(Diabetes, Thyroid, ALL, Celiac, etc....) They did MRI, EEG and a spinal tap. All tests came back normal. Now he is having a relapse with the bathroom issues. I have him in pull ups due to the number of "accidents" that he has. He also has a hard time going to sleep at night. I'm really at a loss of what to do next. I've searched the internet for answers and can't seem to find any. Can anyone give me advice on what to do next or if their child had similar issues? Please.

Old 11-12-2008, 06:30 PM   #2
(female)

Kay3282 HB User
Re: Does anyone out there have answers????

Hi,
Has anything changed in his life, now think hard, it could be a new school, is someone in his life not been around to much lately, did someone move any. My son went threw an odd phase during the summer. His Dad had to travel allot this summer becasue of his work, Well my son started not wanting to be in his bedroom unless someone was with him, then he didn't want to sleep in his bed, he would go in his brothers room and fall asleep on his futon. He would follow me around everywhere, He didn't want to participate in some of the activities we have him in-He was a piece of work!!!, Once his Dad was back in town, not traveling anymore-he went right back to his old self. So it just goes to show you how they react to a situation.
Kay

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread