It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Down Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2009, 06:26 AM   #1
(female)

Suzann HB User
Skin Problems?

My daughter has always had a problems with break-outs on her skin. Some of these eruptions have required visits to the doctor and antibiotics. The latest a huge pustule located at her waist that has taken almost two weeks and two rounds of antibiotics. I have stopped letting her bath, only showers-limited time, with mild soap.
I have been told it could be anything from diabetes or thyroid problems (which she is monitored for on a regular basis-everything okay), constipation, (which she does have a problem with at times), hormones, her eating too much ketsup , salsa and taco sauce (which she loves) on everything!

I would appreciate hearing from anyone who might have some helpful input . Thanks~

Last edited by Suzann; 01-23-2009 at 06:33 AM.

Old 02-03-2009, 08:11 AM   #2
(female)

kmcdowell HB User
Re: Skin Problems?

Suzann, Our daughters have the same mental health issues. I really thought I had wrote the post about the period and the all night laughing etc... they are doing the exact same things. My daughter will be 14 in March and it has been a little over a year ago it all started with her.
Sorry, I feel like I am chasing you around but I am glad I found someone with the same exact issues with their child. Thanks

Karen

Last edited by kmcdowell; 02-03-2009 at 08:28 AM. Reason: Needed to add info.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-03-2009, 02:19 PM   #3
(female)

Suzann HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmcdowell View Post
Suzann, Our daughters have the same mental health issues. I really thought I had wrote the post about the period and the all night laughing etc... they are doing the exact same things. My daughter will be 14 in March and it has been a little over a year ago it all started with her.
Sorry, I feel like I am chasing you around but I am glad I found someone with the same exact issues with their child. Thanks

Karen

My daughter sleeps very little..up and down, talking to herself, rocking back and forth, sometimes all night long. At times, when daylight comes, she will go to sleep, sleeping soundly until I get her up. She does not nap during the day, and usually puts herself to bed about nine-thirty, sometimes sleeping for maybe two hours, like a short nap, which after she's wide awake and back to the usual. I have asked doctors what the problem might be..one told me there wasn't a problem, she just wasn't ready to sleep! I was even told that a full moon can trigger the wide-eyed, not-sleepy behavior!

Thanks, for posting, like yourself its always good to have someone to talk to, who knows what you're talking about!
PS
I worry that she might not be getting her needed rest, yet she seems to be fine...

Old 02-04-2009, 05:46 AM   #4
(female)

kmcdowell HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzann View Post
My daughter sleeps very little..up and down, talking to herself, rocking back and forth, sometimes all night long. At times, when daylight comes, she will go to sleep, sleeping soundly until I get her up. She does not nap during the day, and usually puts herself to bed about nine-thirty, sometimes sleeping for maybe two hours, like a short nap, which after she's wide awake and back to the usual. I have asked doctors what the problem might be..one told me there wasn't a problem, she just wasn't ready to sleep! I was even told that a full moon can trigger the wide-eyed, not-sleepy behavior!

Thanks, for posting, like yourself its always good to have someone to talk to, who knows what you're talking about!
PS
I worry that she might not be getting her needed rest, yet she seems to be fine...
Suzann, my daughter does the same thing. She rocks which is new when she listens to her music,cds or ipod. But, she will do it for hours. At first I thought she was just moving to the beat now I know it is more.
The full moon if she is not on medicine is up all night. If not on meds, she laughs and talks and rocks all night long, most nights anyway. She never naps either. She also puts herself to bed at 9:30 or 10:00. She took melatonin it worked a little while then it stopped. Rozerom worked then it started to poop out also. I just feel there is something to this. I have done a lot of reading in the last year. I did read something about Down Syndrome metabolism can not process a lot or most additives and junk in food. I have found Hailey gets really bad with citric acid and sodium benzonate. She drinks half a Sprite and she is crying and a mess the rest of the day. But, trying to figure all that out is complicated. I tried to private message you to give you my real email and home phone so we can talk more, that is if you would like to. I just feel maybe if more of us get to know each other and seeing all these different doctors we may get the answer we need. Only that your private message for this site is shut off and it would not let me message you privately. I feel so bad that she is stuck in this other world and I can not get her out of. I am sure you feel the same.

Old 02-05-2009, 06:07 AM   #5
(female)

Suzann HB User

Hi~~ have already posted this but here goes again...I have fixed my PM..I think!!

Yes, your daughter and mine are so alike, but in reading some of the other posts, I feel like we are not the only ones trying to understand whats going on with our child.

Old 02-05-2009, 08:36 AM   #6
(female)

kmcdowell HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzann View Post
Hi~~ have already posted this but here goes again...I have fixed my PM..I think!!

Yes, your daughter and mine are so alike, but in reading some of the other posts, I feel like we are not the only ones trying to understand whats going on with our child.

I private messaged you see if it worked, on my end it looks as if it did.

Closed Thread