It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Down Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2009, 08:34 AM   #1
(female)

Lela17 HB User
Mom to a wonderful son

HI everyone, I am a Mom of a 4 year old boy with DS. He has seen one too many doctors since the day he was born. He has had AV canal repaired plus two more wholes in his heart when he was 3 months old, has acid reflux disease, has had ear tubes done and maybe again for the third time, constipation problem and thyroid as well. He also has atlanto axial instability, which is a gap in the neck bones. There are certain things he can not do, so we have to be really careful not to injure it. So we have been through a lot in the few years of his life, but he is making progress every day. You appreciate every little progress that he makes and celebrate every new word that he says. He sure has his moments but he is a joy to be around with.
I just joined this message board few days ago, and reading a lot of your messages makes me realize that I am not alone going through same or similar things with my son. Anybody that wants to get in touch please don't hesitate to write. Hope to hear from all of you out there..

Old 06-18-2009, 07:14 AM   #2
(female)

lynn66 HB User
Re: Mom to a wonderful son

Mom, You sound very proud, I miscarried a baby last year, the baby had downs. I was crushed, I felt that he was a gift, no matter how he was. Enjoy your beautful boy, I hope that everything turns out for him, and You. Take care and enjoy...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-18-2009, 09:04 PM   #3
(female)

Lela17 HB User
Re: Mom to a wonderful son

Thank you so much for your kind words. I pray every day that his health improves. It is the hardest thing to watch him sick and not much you can do for him. But I know he is going to be okay.
I am so sorry to hear about your baby. I believe that everything happens for a reason, and now you have a little angel watching over you... Thank you for writing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynn66 View Post
Mom, You sound very proud, I miscarried a baby last year, the baby had downs. I was crushed, I felt that he was a gift, no matter how he was. Enjoy your beautful boy, I hope that everything turns out for him, and You. Take care and enjoy...

Closed Thread