It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Down Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2010, 08:50 AM   #1
(female)

meganescareno HB User
Question for families

I am curious about how many/ if any families there are who have had a child with DS and later went on to have another child with Autism? Answers to this post would be very helpful for my own personnal knowledge as my fiance and I are thinking about trying to have a baby again.

Thanks for any and all help!

Old 08-06-2010, 02:49 AM   #2
(female)

TysMomHL HB User
Re: Question for families

I had another child after my son with DS and he was completely normal.
My son with DS also has Autism. I think that was brought on by mal-nutrition due to undiagnosed Celiac Disease.

Good Luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-06-2010, 05:03 PM   #3
(female)

melliann HB User

My husband and I were worried about this as well because my son is very complicated, he has 24 confirmed medical diagnoses. We decided to wait until he was in school full time before we thought about having another child, my husband wanted 1 I wanted 2. I got pregnant and low and behold I was carrying identical twins. They were born at 34 weeks healthy as could be and the only problems that we have is that they are both sensitive to lactose products and one is a bedwetter (I think it is just because she is a heavy sleeper).

Old 08-06-2010, 07:27 PM   #4
(female)

meganescareno HB User

Thank you for replying! You have no idea how much it means to me. It has consumed my life. I want nothing more than to try again but I have an overwhelming fear. You both have encouraged me. I am hoping to try again soon. I was just devastated to lose my daughter and I am not sure I could handle that kind of pain again.

Reply Reply