It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Down Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2011, 01:37 PM   #1
(female)

Mufana HB User
Worried

I am 21 weeks pregnant and hate it!! So I go on with my party lifestyle like nothings happening. Is it normal to not care at all?
Willthis child be normal

Old 12-02-2011, 05:54 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

slenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB User
Re: Worried

I am sorry that you're suffering so. It's sad that you are taking it out on your baby, though. The baby is an innocent victim.
It's not too late to stop your partying and take care of this child. Please say you will !
You have a unique opportunity to be a mommy. It is the most wonderful "job" in the world.
Don't mess it up by being selfish, please.

blessings to you, Sue

The Following User Says Thank You to slenderella For This Useful Post:
Mufana (12-05-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-03-2012, 12:38 PM   #3
(male)

Phil J HB User

Please, do not give up a childs life for your own partying and life style, you have so much time in the future to do what you want, but once a child comes into play, there is a whole different story and situation at hand.

I'm sure you will have a healthy, beautiful baby, but the responsibility is huge. And if you're not sure you're up for that responsibility, adoption is always available to hand, though not a nice option, it is available if you do not wish to keep the child.

I hope this helps.

Last edited by Administrator; 01-03-2012 at 09:57 PM.

Old 04-06-2012, 10:28 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Nyclin HB User

Please try to sacrifice partying for the rest of your pregnancy! It's not too late. Try to understand the complications of having a child with a disability and the guilt you will feel. I'm not trying to make you feel bad, but please consider. You need to care about yourself and the child.

Old 04-29-2012, 08:50 AM   #5
(female)

rayon HB User

Hi,
I'm so sorry you are feeling like this about your pregnancy. I don't think you don't care, I think you are in distress and sometimes it hurts to care. I hope you have support around you to help you through this. Don't make things worse by burying your head in the sand and hoping everything goes away. You don't want to look back with regret and wish you had something more. Have you spoken to your doctor or family about this? My heart goes out to you and I hope you start to feel more positive about you and your baby's future.

Reply Reply