It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Drug Interactions / Side Effects Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2005, 03:13 PM   #1
(female)

artsykid HB User
Prozac and short term memory loss

I am taking prozac (40 mg) for OCD/depression. I have only been on it for about a month and a half but I have noticed that this medication makes me...."stupid".....or just ditzy. Its like I cant remember little things...like someone will call at work and they will say "This is Bob may I speak with Suzy" and Im like sure...then I transfer the call and I say "Suzy, it is ............uh......someone...on the line for you" I just go blank! I dont know if the medication is affecting my memory or if I am just not so "worried and obsessed" over things and my mind isnt use to that. I forget appointments and to call people back and stuff like that. Has anyone expericenced this with prozac or any ADs? Also I feel very numb and have a "whatever" attitude about everything- but I know that is common with SSRIs. Goin from OCD to "whatever" is just a weird transition for me I guess. Also....I dont know if anyone would know this but is it okay to take the vitamin biotin while on prozac- and if anyone doesnt know do you know where I can find this out? I allready tried an internet search with no luck. Thanks guys!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread