It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Drug Interactions / Side Effects Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2001, 04:18 PM   #1

b965 HB User
Post Perhaps I can get an answer here.....

Okay, I am new on here so if this is posted in the wrong place, I am sorry in advance!here is my deal: I take 40mg of prozac 1x/daily. It is not so much for depression as it is for alcohol abuse. I am not sure if I am alcoholic or not,but I was a problem drinker.It was suggested by a counselor that I try prozac and after 2 wks of being on the med,I totally lost all urges for alcohol. I have not had alcohol at all for over 4 years.I started at 20mg of prozac and about a year into it, my dosage was moved up to 40mg. My question: I am always going to use this med as it has changed my life. However,whether it is due to this or not,I at times feel lethargic and lack drive and detirmination. I have read about some stimulants that(on the surface) seem to be able to counteract this problem. ie adderall,preludin. Can I take one of these with prozac? And also, would these meds help with my situation?

It would be great if someone could either answer this or direct me to a place that could. I posted this on another forum/board but it seems as if unless you're threatening to take your life, you don't get answers there.

Old 05-21-2001, 12:10 PM   #2

kristis2 HB User
try the stress and anxiety board,I have no idea,sorry!Kristi
Ps,I would think that you should be asking your Dr about this!!Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread