It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Drug Interactions / Side Effects Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2001, 04:06 PM   #1

J1984 HB User
Post sister on mystery drug, please help

I have noticed that my sister is taking pills for the past week on a regular basis and I know that they aren't prescribed for her. I asked her what they were and she said someone lent her pain killer, but I really dont buy her explanation because she has had drug problems before. Is there any way i can find out what these pills are based on a physical desription? I got a good look at one before she had it. It's orange and on one side the number 93 is printed and on the other the number 149. I dont want to let anyone else know about this unless it is unsafe for her but i dont know what to do. please help!

Old 02-08-2002, 07:41 AM   #2

hollyi3636 HB User
you can look it up in a drug book, or try to find it on a search on the web. Good luck with your sister!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-08-2002, 09:40 AM   #3

SciTeach HB User
I found what looks like the kind of site you need on *********** by searching "drug identification". The 1st site is [url="http://www.stopdrugs.org/identification.html"]www.stopdrugs.org/identification.html[/url] and it shows photos of drugs. When you click on the one that looks like the one your sister is taking it gives you description of it.

Good luck. And I hope it's a harmless one. Whether it is or not, it is NOT a good idea to take someone else's prescription. The amount prescribed is specific to the weight of the person taking it and also his/her diagnosis. Also the prescribing dr. knows what other drugs his patient is taking. If your sister takes other drugs, this new one could have dangerous interactions. Warn her to be careful about this practice.

SciTeach

[This message has been edited by SciTeach (edited 02-08-2002).]

Closed Thread