It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Drug Interactions / Side Effects Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2006, 08:56 AM   #1
(female)

angelavan HB User
Paxil & Phentermine

Hi All,
I have been on SSRI's for about 14years now and have gained 40lbs these last 3years. I have tried going off but unsuccessful. Went to the Dr and my blood work came back a little high. The Dr put me on Phentermine to help w/ my weight loss, plus eating half of what I use to and exercising. He said the paxil is one of the worse SSRI's for weight gain. I have been on the Phentermine for about a month now and it seems to be loosing it's effect. Anyone have any experience w/ these? Thanks

Old 09-08-2006, 05:09 PM   #2
(female)

south249 HB User
Re: Paxil & Phentermine

Hi sweetie, I have been taking paxil for about 6 years, and yes it caused me to gain weight. It also took away all desires for sex. I also take phentermine. I could not find a doctor to prescribe it so I order it online and it has helped me to lose alot of weight. but your right, after a while taking 1 just doesn'st have the same effect it used to. I now sometimes take 3 or 4 a day. I know your not suppose to, but after a while your body gets immuned to them and it takes more to get the same effect.

I just quit taking paxil a couple weeks ago and am now taking seroquel which has really helped me alot. and I don't seem to have any side effects from it. Hope I have helped in some way. write me back.

south249 (gail)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread