It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Drug Interactions / Side Effects Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2008, 04:25 PM   #1
(male)

Pillbox HB User
Cipro and Fluconazole help me please :(

Went to the doctor over what I thought was a uti and she said it wasn't. She prescribed me Cipro and 1 Fluconazole. The doc didn't say nothing about it being bad takeing them together, but my mom states otherwise she says I should take all the cipro first and then the Fuconazole.

This is my problem, I've been on the cipro for 3 days and taking them 2 times a day. It no longer burns when I pee but I still feel a little discomfort in my bladder and urethra but not like it was before. But I've had a red foreskin and really itchy anus and it seems to be getting worse on this cipro. I'm thinking it is some kind of fungi or yeast infection. I want to take the diflucan and get rid of this but I don't know if I should or not and is this 1 pill enough? It seems to me I would need more than 1 pill to cure this but people are swearing by it and it works. Pls help me figure out what I should do. Any sucess stories with fluconazole? I just need insight. Thank you.

Old 01-25-2008, 05:21 AM   #2
(female)

cam724 HB User
Re: Cipro and Fluconazole help me please :(

yes u would def take the fluconazole now...the meds can be taken together and usually they want u to start with the antibiotic and if you have symptoms of an infection then take the other right away....nothing to worry about

The Following User Says Thank You to cam724 For This Useful Post:
Anappleaday23 (05-17-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-25-2008, 12:48 PM   #3
(male)

Pillbox HB User

K thank you, I was also thinking though the antibiotics kill bacteria so if I take the fluconazole and and get rid of the yeast and fungal stuff I won't have enough good bacteria to keep it fought off so I'll get another infection of it won't I? or just a thought

Old 01-25-2008, 01:21 PM   #4
(male)

Pillbox HB User

well I took it, only time will tell now. :P

Closed Thread