It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Drug Interactions / Side Effects Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2009, 04:52 PM   #1
(female)

hughes101 HB User
i want to wean off zoloft and my doctor said no

i want to wean off zoloft and my doctor said no, that I should continue to take it with not one idea why I started to take it in the first place. I have been on 100mg a day for over three years and started to wean off about a month ago, for two weeks I took 50mg and then for the next two weeks 25mg. I told my doctor ans she said that I should go back up to 50mg a day. I am really mad because instead of helping me she thinks its best to stay on it. If an alcoholic starts to wean off the alcohol you dont hear anyone saying well look if you are feeling bad go and have a few drinks to make you better. Please can someone tell me how long I will feel the headaches, Zaps in the head and dizziness, also I have diarhhea. Looking forward to hearing your comments

Thanks

Old 09-21-2009, 01:31 PM   #2
(female)

empress610 HB User
Re: i want to wean off zoloft and my doctor said no

Since you have been taking such a high dose for over 3 years it will take a lot longer to wean yourself off of it. You probably need to take 75mg for a couple months. Jumping down from 100 to 50 is way too drastic. Then, take 50mg for a couple months. Then, 25mg...then 0. Zoloft is extremely hard to get off of if you have been taking it for a long time. Why does you doctor want you to keep taking it anyway?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-21-2009, 03:04 PM   #3
(female)

hughes101 HB User
Re: i want to wean off zoloft and my doctor said no

My Doctor probably thought better to stay on and therefore have no withdrawals, but I decided that I wanted to no longer take them, so I continued to half the medication every two weeks, for about a month or so I had dizziness, shocking headaches and feelings of vertigo, I realised that this was my body reacting to the drop of seratonin being given to my body. But through the determination and alot of crying It is now three months on and I am Zoloft free, no more of the shocking headaches or anything. Anyone reading this and trying to get off Zoloft, go by your instinct and don't listen to anyone else, you can get through it.

Closed Thread