It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Drug Interactions / Side Effects Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2009, 10:26 PM   #1
(female)

Turtle55 HB User
Where can I get Hydrocodine/is Oxycodone safe?/Ibuprofen overdose

Hi, I'm having a very painfull kidney stone attack that the only pain killer I have is ibuprofen - and it's not very effective like hydrocodine.
I took about 14 tablets today - I know that's too much, but the pain is unbearable! What are the symptoms of Ibuprofen overdose? I don't notice anything different.

I also have seizures. Right now, the only effective severe pain killers I have are Darvocet and Oxycodone. Darvocet caused me to have seizures when I took it for kidney stone attack 2 years ago. I never took Oxycodone before, so I don't know how it's going to effect my meds(Anti Convulsants: Lamictal and Keppra). I've heard some bad stuff about it, but what do you think? 500 mg per tablet.

So far, the only severe pain killer that has not caused any issues with me is Hydrocodine. How much does Hydrocodine cost? Can I just buy it from my family doctor - if not, where?
After christmas, my mom can finaly take a day off from work and take me to the doctor for an antibiotic. But I can't wait anymore for a succsessful pain killer - so please give me your info on my questions! Please! I beg of you! This is no joke!

Thanks for any help!
Regards,
Turtle55

Old 12-18-2009, 11:11 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

AnnD HB UserAnnD HB User
Re: Where can I get Hydrocodine/is Oxycodone safe?/Ibuprofen overdose

There is only one pain med effective for a kidney stone attack and it isn't a narcotic it is Toradol...it is not over the counter but it also not something you can take for more than a week because it can be too hard on your body but it is takes the pain of your attack away so if you need to go to the ER room go and ask for a shot of Toradol. Since it isn't a narcotic they shouldn't have a problem with giving you a shot and then a few pills to get you through an attack. Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-21-2009, 06:03 AM   #3
(female)

Turtle55 HB User

Thanks for the info. I went to the doctor and got some hydrocodone but I didn't get the toraldol shot cause it was too expensive(the bill was already high enough for the doctor visit!)

But I want to ask if it's ok if I can take a laxitive because I haven't pooped for over a week and it concerns me.
I use mineral oil. It helps lubricate the intestines. Is that safe while I'm on this medication/passing a kidney stone?

Old 02-06-2010, 08:40 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

I can't say I'm sure about the mineral oil, but yes you can take a laxative while taking hydrocodone. It's very common for hydrocodone to make you constipated. You can use an over the counter laxative for this.

Unfortunately hydrocodone doesn't work as well for me! I had a prescription for Vicodin (hydrodone) not long ago after I had hernia surgery in my lower stomach, and unfortunately didn't feel so great. I didn't sleep as well as I hoped (other pain killers typically KNOCK ME OUT big time) and I felt depressed! Not good!

I hope it works better for you! Many people I know do well on it, but I also know some people who don't get sleepy from it (as I hoped for, so I can rest it off) and I know some people who get depressed from it (short term though!). It was very inexpensive for me to get it from my doctor!

Closed Thread