It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Drug Interactions / Side Effects Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2012, 06:20 AM   #1
(female)

NJLinda HB UserNJLinda HB UserNJLinda HB UserNJLinda HB User
Lipitor!

Is there anyone out there that has had side effects from Lipitor? I have been taking this drug for over 10 years and had no problem but for the last few months my muscles have been acting weird. I am wondering if this symptoms can happen after all these years of no effects at all. Cramps, tightness aches etc. I do have a back problem but am looking at other reasons also. Thanks Linda

Old 02-26-2012, 07:25 PM   #2
(female)

ItsMyLife486 HB User
Re: Lipitor!

I am not taking Lipitor, or anything else for cholesterol, but I have heard from people saying their cholesterol medicines, Lipitor included, have been giving them muscle aches. If you can't find a reasonable explanation for your muscle aches you should discuss it with your doctor.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-27-2012, 01:12 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

rudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB User

Linda,

There is a good chance that the Lipitor is the culprit in your aching muscles. Some people have an immediate reaction to statins with the aches and pains and others, like you, don't get symptoms until after many years of taking them. Your doctor may suggest that you try another statin, but that usually doesn't help. I suggest you do some research into cholesterol and you might want to stop taking the statin altogether. Start with Dr. Duane Graveline. He's a former NASA astronaut and doctor. What were your cholesterol numbers and what are they now?

Last edited by rudiraven; 02-27-2012 at 01:13 PM.

Old 02-27-2012, 04:31 PM   #4
(female)

NJLinda HB UserNJLinda HB UserNJLinda HB UserNJLinda HB User

Thanks for the responses. My cholesterol is always high. Runs in the family. But the lipitor did bring it down over 100 points so it's working well for me. I wasn't sure if these muscles aches could come from the medication after all these years. I have an appointment next week with a rheumologist so I should get more info. Thanks again. Linda

Closed Thread