It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Drug Interactions / Side Effects Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2012, 02:43 PM   #1
(female)

jacie89 HB User
Question Hydrocodone overdose

My mom died a year ago due to a hydrocodone overdose. When her autopsy came back she had over 10,000mg of hydrocodone in her system and over 40mg of acemetephine. She also had morphine in her system which she is highly allergic to. They tried saying it was suicide but I think otherwise. I know my mom very well and know she wouldn't kill herself.Would she really have been able to take all that still standing? Thats way over the limit and over 140 lortab in her system. We have our beliefs but what do you guys think? I need help. We are trying to prove her case and its so hard.

The following user gives a hug of support to jacie89:
CELGB (09-08-2012)
Old 09-08-2012, 06:35 AM   #2
(male)

CELGB HB User
Re: Hydrocodone overdose

i reliase it doesnt help much but from my experience, from a previous injury ive worked up a massive ability to take alot more than the average joe when it comes to pain medication currently i am only something like 25-35 times the lethal dose for normal people when it comes to pain medication

if she had been taking these medications it is possible to build up massive abilities to tollerate these meds, also depending on internal body health it can depend on her ability to remove the medications from her system and how efficient she is with doing this

sometimes hair tests can determine the amounts of narcotics taken over a certain amount of time almost like a timeline but im sure there are many ways to determine reasons for the tragic event

if i can help with anything let me know
CELGB
From Oz

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-08-2012, 06:56 AM   #3
(female)

jacie89 HB User

Yeah. I still don't think she could have though. I researched overdoses with hydrocodone and it causes breathing problems and stuff right before death. My mom had a history of COPD and sleep apnia and other things. I still don't think there was any way she could have took over 10,000 mg of hydrocodone herslef. Her body wasnt really used to them for her boyfriend usually took them. My mom also cant take morphine. We are trying to solve a case here and I'm trying to figure everything out.

Old 09-10-2012, 07:31 PM   #4
(male)

CELGB HB User

interesting let us know what happends, currently im on roughly 1000 mg of narcotics per day so from my persepective it doesnt take long to have that kind of amount in your system but i understand what your saying

please do let us know what you find out

Reply Reply