It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Drug Interactions / Side Effects Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-20-2012, 09:26 PM   #1
(male)

BS4467 HB User
Exclamation very bad experience on Wellbutrin mixed with alcohol

I am posting because I had something happen to me on thanksgiving that has pretty much destroyed my life and i want to know if anyone else has had a similar experience. I started the generic form of wellbutrin 4 days before thanksgiving. I had four rum and cokes over a three to four hour time frame. The last thing I remember before i blacked out for five hours was cutting the turkey and i dont remember feeling that drunk. Then apparently my wife and I and some guests had a bottle of wine after dinner, and apparently i was all hugs and kisses when the guests left. This i dont remember. then all hell broke loose and i verbally asaulted my wife and went into a rage and started throwing and breaking things in the house. I ended getting arrested and charged with a crime i would rather not talk about. But i cant talk to my wife because of a no contact order and i dont know if im getting divorced or not. i love my wife dearly and would never hurt her. we have had many years of good marriage and i'm afraid that is about to end. but I cant remember any thing about that time frame and i'm scared as hell. I am not a violent person!!Has anyone else had a similar experience???????

Old 12-21-2012, 02:33 AM   #2
(male)

james4478 HB Userjames4478 HB User
Re: very bad experience on Wellbutrin mixed with alcohol

Sorry to hear that doe's you wife know what you did?
If she don't know maybe you should let her know and she would just talk mixing is not good to do if you been married for a long time she might forgive you if you just explane to her
Life is to short to through you twos life away
Good luck
&
God Bless you both

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-22-2013, 05:41 AM   #3
Inactive
(male)

Shinty HB User
Bs4467

I stopped drinking after I started antidepressants after an episode similar to yours, so i guess the answer would be yes to your question. There must be something in the antidepressants that don't mix well with booze. It says so right on the prescription bottle. The warnings state: don't drink, not alcohol may intensify effects, etc. I think the no contact order may be automatic and not even your wife's doing. If you are normally not a violent person, I'm sure your wife knows that, and that this is an isolated incident. You obviously scared her enough to call the cops. My advice, stop drinking while on the medicine, and don't worry about not knowing and remembering everything. my guess is people won't let you forget that night as long as you live.

Old 06-12-2013, 12:55 AM   #4
(male)

goldlion79 HB User
Re: very bad experience on Wellbutrin mixed with alcohol

Yep, it happens a lot when wellbutrin gets mixed with alcohol. A side effect of just plain old wellbutrin is RAGE, or intense RAGE. My experience in the summer of 2012 was a blackout episode, and according to medical personnal, a brief psychotic break. I can only remember extremely short snippets of what happened, and none of them actually happened. I can only remember a few hallucinations I had. What did happen was I assaulted my friends that I really care about, all whilst professing my love for one of them, which didn't actually exist. Wellbutrin not only compete for the same enzymes, they ENHANCE each others effects, and wellbutrins effects on the brain aren't currently known, and more importantly, the chemical by products of wellbutrin affects the mind in unknown ways. It's extremely chemically close to amphetamines, and within the body, can affect people in the same way as PCP, bursts of energy, uncontrollable rage, suicidal and homicidal tendencies, etc. Check out the FDA warnings for it, the ones they were forced to add yet somehow the "black box warning" never came with my script. Bupropion is a very old drug, it's just been repackaged basically.

Reply Reply