It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Drug Interactions / Side Effects Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2013, 08:28 AM   #1
Facilitator
(female)

Moldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB User
Stop Miralax (laxative) ASAP

Hello to all!

Being on pain medication myself I know what kind problems it causing when it comes to bowel movements (sorry to talk about it, but it every day struggle for many).
I was on Miralax for years and despite it's nasty taste, it served the purpose.
I had to go and see my Internist and he asked me about all medications, vitamins I am taking. When I mentioned Miralax he jumped out of his seat saying that only 3 days ago he received Red Flag on this drug b/c its right now under watch for being very toxic. The main ingredient of this product is Polyethylene Glycol which is simply... antifreeze the agent we use in cars.

It may cause severe kidney damages; neurological issues, Autism in children (!!!!) and so much more.
Despite it all, for some reason pediatricians prescribe it to very young kids, as young as 3 years old.
So once again, it takes many people with kidney and other damages, destroyed lives to take it off shelves?

Knowing that many of you may be on Miralax, I decided to share with you what I learned.

Feel good and best wishes
Moldova

Reply Reply