It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Drug Interactions / Side Effects Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2013, 01:34 AM   #1
(male)

dazeconfuze HB User
Remeron and Tramadol

In the last four months I've been on Prozac, Viibryd, and Zoloft (not at the same time). I was also prescribed Trazodone. I had explosive diarrhea, insomnia , complete loss of appetite, confusion, hallucinations, etc., and became incontinent. All these meds were tried one after the other and they all gave me the same resuts, Plus my depression worsened and I got so dehydrated I had to go to the ER. Against my Dr.s wishes I quit them all and felt much better. Now I'm on Remeron and doing better except for now I'm having bad nightmares. Should I take the Tramadol again? Or was it just the other drugs causing the problems? The " *****" site said Tramadol mixing the the other three can cause "Seretonin Syndrome", which was what all my symptoms were. Does anyone know if Remeron and Tramadol is OK to take together? I also take neurontin and lovastatin at night. And Hydrocodone.

Old 09-01-2013, 05:52 PM   #2
(female)

PAYNE HB User
Re: Remeron and Tramadol

I do know that Tramadol can react with many meds. In fact, my pain doc says he doesn't prescribe it often for that reason. I checked, and it does seem like Remeron and Tramadol are not happy together.

Now Trazodone is a different med. As far as I know, it doesn't create the potential problems that Tramadol does.

Welcome!

Last edited by PAYNE; 09-01-2013 at 05:53 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-01-2013, 07:12 PM   #3
(female)

zip452 HB Userzip452 HB Userzip452 HB Userzip452 HB Userzip452 HB User

I think that you should be on as few meds as possible. You say that you already take hydrocodone - so hopefully you do not also need to take tramadol which is also a pain medication. You can ask your pharmacist, and make sure that all of your doctors know what other medications you are on. As payne mentioned trazodone is different from tramadol, and does not create the same problems/redundancies.

Old 09-01-2013, 07:29 PM   #4
(female)

Robocat HB UserRobocat HB UserRobocat HB UserRobocat HB UserRobocat HB UserRobocat HB UserRobocat HB UserRobocat HB User

Checking under the same website my doc uses for drug interactions, apparently tramadol and Remeron has major interaction in high doses. Serotonin syndrome. Your hydrocodone seems to be the main culprit interacting with all your meds with the same side effects for all.

Last edited by Robocat; 09-01-2013 at 07:29 PM.

Old 09-02-2013, 08:41 PM   #5
(male)

dazeconfuze HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAYNE View Post
I do know that Tramadol can react with many meds. In fact, my pain doc says he doesn't prescribe it often for that reason. I checked, and it does seem like Remeron and Tramadol are not happy together.

Now Trazodone is a different med. As far as I know, it doesn't create the potential problems that Tramadol does.

Welcome!
Thank you for the responses, but I really goofed! Everywhere I wrote "Tramadol", I meant "Trazodone". Sorry for the mess up, its my fault for not stopping and reviewing my message. must have had tramadol on my mind ! I get confused alot.....

The following user gives a hug of support to dazeconfuze:
PAYNE (09-05-2013)
Old 09-02-2013, 09:04 PM   #6
(female)

Robocat HB UserRobocat HB UserRobocat HB UserRobocat HB UserRobocat HB UserRobocat HB UserRobocat HB UserRobocat HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazeconfuze View Post

Thank you for the responses, but I really goofed! Everywhere I wrote "Tramadol", I meant "Trazodone". Sorry for the mess up, its my fault for not stopping and reviewing my message. must have had tramadol on my mind ! I get confused alot.....
Regardless if its Trazodone or Tramadol, still serotonin syndrome . And, hydrocodone having more side effects/interactions with your other meds.

Last edited by Robocat; 09-02-2013 at 09:06 PM.

Reply Reply

Tags
drug interactions